The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Spiker??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kenny Havard
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Kenny Havard
Does anyone know the name, make and model of this dove effect?
The prop is a orange round 12 inch tube with 2 end caps. 8 spikes and 5 knives are put in the tube with a dove inside. Maybe an old Tannen's prop? Thanks,

Kenny

Click here to view attached image.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe this is a Mephisto Huis effect from the 1970's. Can't remember the advertised name. Tannen may have sold it as well.
Kenny Havard
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Kenny Havard
Thanks, I remember it being popular in the late 70's. Vic Kirk featured this effect in his act.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
It is called 'Matinelli's Ultimate Dove Penetration Plus'
I just saw a copy of it on the Hocus-Pocus site without any proper credits to it's inventor Mr. Matinelli - Shame shame shame
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I couldn't see this style of trick going down well with todays audiences ,to me it seems to cruel.
It's funny how you can put swords thru your assistant and nobody seems to care ,but ,do the same to a dove and people start to freak out.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Spiker??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL