The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A quick review of Telekinetic Coin by Bill Montana (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Warning decomposed, you name start also to be decomp...lol
I agree it's a shame... what some people call "modern day".
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Got this yesterday, asked a good friend of mine to help out.

I stood back concentrating on the coin which had not left his possession. A moment or two passed when suddenly the coin moved! I can honestly say my friend got the shock of his life, he nearly had to change his underwear!

I actualy believe he levitated too for a fraction of a second!

This is gets the thumbs up from me! Bill is asking a nominal price here gentleman, you won't go wrong investing in this little number!

;)
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 08:57, kambiz wrote:
This is the most disrespect to the creator of an effect in a thread I EVER witnessed at the Magic Café!!

Kam

I agree with you 100%. What the hell is going on here and why aren't the moderators taking this down? Why aren't other members that have even an ounce of respect for our art up in arms about this thread? This is disturbing, disrespectful to both the creator and our craft. Those of you that are taking part of this blatant exposure should be ashamed of yourselves.

-rob
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
R1z08,
myself and a few others have made replies and notified the mods and like magic our posts have disappeared.
Walter
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 21:04, r1z08 wrote:
Quote:
This is the most disrespect to the creator of an effect in a thread I EVER witnessed at the Magic Café!!

Kam

I agree with you 100%. What the hell is going on here and why aren't the moderators taking this down? Why aren't other members that have even an ounce of respect for our art up in arms about this thread? This is disturbing, disrespectful to both the creator and our craft. Those of you that are taking part of this blatant exposure should be ashamed of yourselves.

-rob

I won't pretend to know why the staff does what they do but considering the blatant science nature of this effect, perhaps the true disrespect is marketing such rubbish as ones own creation? Just a thought.

Cheers.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 01:09, Eshla wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-24 20:24, Decomposed wrote:
Is there a way to do it in the hand???? I mean is this explained in the instructions?

Respectively submitted,

Decomp

No, it cannot be in the hand; it must be atop a bottle held by a spectator.

Then it's in the hand isn't it?
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 21:26, jdmagic357 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 21:04, r1z08 wrote:
Quote:

Kam

-rob

I won't pretend to know why the staff does what they do but considering the blatant science nature of this effect, perhaps the true disrespect is marketing such rubbish as ones own creation? Just a thought.

Cheers.

that's why its only 5 bucks.....if you know how its done from the description then DON'T BUY IT!!!

.....not everyone on the planet has a firm science background.......

besides with creativity you can disguise the "science" very effectively.....
Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Once again...proof why this place is a joke...
xxx
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Sometimes being a creator or seller of effects is pretty dawg gone stressful.

I wonder if its really worth it anymore.

That being said, a lot of performers appreciate their effort!

Decomp
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 21:50, kambiz wrote:

* with creativity you can disguise the "science" very effectively.....

Very well said!

So much of our magic is based on known science, but we still fool people (including the ones in the know how) just by our creativity, presentation & performance skills. Isn't that what we are taught (presentation & performance) by our great teachers & masters (past & present) in magic/ mentalism?

Smile
P.S. Back on topic please. Thanks.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I bought a DVD and books on spoon and fork bending once. I sent them all back because the method was simply bending them in your hand when people weren't looking. We all know that method - it's simple physics.
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 05:18, bevbevvybev wrote:
I bought a DVD and books on spoon and fork bending once. I sent them all back because the method was simply bending them in your hand when people weren't looking. We all know that method - it's simple physics.

Hope you got your money back even though there's a big difference in what we're talking about.

What I truly find interesting is that we think that we need to protect the seller of this garbage when in fact we should be protecting the buyers and their hard earned money.

When will these so called creators realize that providing quality materials, innovative techniques and unique presentations to their customers is what will establish them in the market. Where are the P&ls, Merv Taylor's, and Burmas hiding? These are the new companies I want to support and help to thrive in business.

Alas, in a world where ebooks can be sold for the same price as a limited edition hard cover book, it seems like the days of quality and bang for the buck may be gone forever.

What a shame.

Cheers.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
They are not gone forever, as absolute magic shows. Any creator can, if they are gold, put out a high quality, book-only, product for a high price.
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
This thread is unbelievable. Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If we're not allowed to use science to work a mentalism effect - did I miss that meeting? no one is claiming to have invented this, but has instead put it within the context of mentalism...

you better ban people from using ninotol, flash paper, pumps, circuitry and all that whacky and crazy science stuff leeking into our mentalism...

I mean, heaven forfend if anyone ever considered using specially treated chalk to make...oh wait...

some people on here need to grow up...
I've asked to be banned
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
No one is complaining that it uses science. People are complaining that, if they were given a true description of how the audience sees the effect, then even a lot of laymen would know the method; my family certainly do.
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
The transparency of an effect has an inverse relationship to the strength of the performance.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Quote:
The transparency of an effect has an inverse relationship to the strength of the performance.

Not always.

I have a sincere question for all of you. References keep being made to exposure and to creators. My question is what specifically has been "created" here? It can't be the method. So is there some work that was done to the presentation?

If there has been work on a presentation then even if the method is old or common the product can have merit. And if that is the creation spoken of here then nothing has been exposed in my opinion. From reading this thread I have no idea what the presentation angle is.

And for full disclosure I have not purchased this effect but I have purchased from Mr. Montana more than once in the past.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've bought lots of stuff from Bill in the past, and have always been more than happy with it...i don't have this one yet - but I will buy it later tonight or tomorrow...

what I'm not happy with is the "oh well, everyone knows this one..." thing, I don't know how this works - I may well be the only person on this planet that doesn't...but the problem is, is that the secret is bandied around like its free for everyone...the method revealed without thought or care... which in turn affects whatever presentational ploy Bill has used in this instance...

its a little like saying "oh well, everyone knows about st***d decks...", and then revealing a well beloved card effect that is "beyond our cosmic living sphere" to use a very clumsy and ill thought out euphamism...
I've asked to be banned
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 17:55, IAIN wrote:
I don't know how this works - I may well be the only person on this planet that doesn't

You're not the only one. Well, you *weren't*. I didn't know how it worked until I read this thread. Now I do. It's a poor show.

I'm all for people giving a negative review to warn off other buyers, but usually the approach has been to note when a product's description has been off, or to poke holes in certain parts of the advert - not outright exposure of the method.

For me, though, the most disturbing part has been the silent deletion of complaints about exposure, while leaving the actual exposure online. That's just weird and, I would hope, contrary to the ethics of this forum.

In the past I've complained to a mod about one of the exposers who happens to be involved in this incident. He had described the gimmick necessary to perform a Derren Brown effect. This is a secret that ought to be known only by those who have purchased either Derren's card magic DVD or his rare and overly-expensive Pure Effect. The thread in question, and the exposing posts, are still available. I did not even receive an acknowledgement of my message.

T.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A quick review of Telekinetic Coin by Bill Montana (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL