The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring in Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1366 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey lads how are things? I don't do much magic..mainly do stand up mindreading gigs but Im looking for something kinda specific,thought maybe someone here could give me a hand.

Bassically Im working on a piece where a ring from a volunteer ends up in a box that is locked. Something like false transfer..reach into pocket with the hand that holds the ring and get the ring into box via sealed compartment or whatever (box needs to look up an up though)

Any box out there? I think James Brown did had a routine which used a similiar box..could be wrong though!

Thanks lads!

Pete
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
A Lippincott Box would serve nicely for this.

अहिंसा

Vlad
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1366 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Thanks Vlad! Smile
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
A great solution to this is the Destination Box by Jon Allen. The box is in the specs posession at the start. You unlock it, tip out the contents and then the spec can open the silver box inside and take out the ring.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
The Lippincott box from Viking Manufacturing / Collector's Workshop is great quality. There are cheaper versions (although the viking box isn't expensive) that aren't as good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring in Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL