The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Because I love this art I say goodbye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I really cant stand more situations like that.

Exposure, unrespect behaviors,and magical vanish of topic and comments.

In the past I think that this place can be a good place but slowly I lose my hope .

MC is a nice place for knowing good mentalists, I cant deny that, but if I wanna be congruent, I cant be here until this situations like blatant exposures ends.

Staff members : A FILTER of MEMBERS is NEEDED.
Isn't normal that in any organization any person enters just because they wanna. Specially in this art a filter is needed.

I will stay in business of course . Mentalism is my passion.
I breath and live 24 hours Mentalism. Always new ideas will be in my mind and my attitude for sharing will be always open with the person who REALLY wanna learn something new .

You can get info about my new ideas,,reviews,freebies and releases in my blog :
http://amirastuffs.blogspot.com/

Next year I have something big in my mind . A new project focus in a lot of cool mentalism that I use in my repertoire. A new concept that I use in my effects for a long time now that can serve you very well.
This new project will be available only for selected performers and not just any incompetent adolescent .

This project is called : W.E.I.R.D.

But for now ,and until a new day I say :

"See you later!"

Pablo Amirá
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Adios Amira ,you'll be missed .Ill pm my e mail adress as I for one definately want to hear from you again and keep abreast of any new work you put out .
Keep well young man .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
A sad day.

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the stuff you have done,
And even today you helped me with the video you made for the Morenvelope.

Steve
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Some of us are lucky enough that we know where to find you mate. Smile

Hope you're still going to hang around the MP.
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
A real shame to see you go, Pablo but make sure you keep in touch....
alemanzano
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of alemanzano
Hey Pablo,

It's really sad to know you are leaving (hopefully only for a while)!

Cuida te!
Ale
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
This thread makes me sick..... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=15&19 .....and its the reason so many mentalists are leaving this place!

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
I understand your sentiments.
Happy trails and don't let these Huevons get you down Pablo!
ars est celare artem
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Hasta la Vista Amirá and good luck,
I will reach you in your blog or in another board, ok.

Regards!
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Amira I did not understand why your posts were deleted, instead of their posts!

This situation is so bad!

I completely agree with you, a filter is needed!

You are a great thinker I will be following you.

Good luck my friend!
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 09:00, kambiz wrote:
This thread makes me sick..... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=15&19 .....and its the reason so many mentalists are leaving this place!

Kam

Actually I could work out the method from reading the ad. Its as old as the hills and I would be very wary of using something like this since many lay people will know this method. Its so obvious.

There is also the other side of this argument and that is being sold crap on here. Now not all ads give away the method like this one. They spout hype that bears no relation to the product. And for some reason many mentalists will eat anything.

For master influencers they mighty easily influenced.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Take care Amira. I do understand what you say, but would hope that somehow you might change your mind and ...stay awhile, and try to perhaps change things. Across the board in general The Café is extremely cool in many ways.
I also agree with MP. We're surrounded with tons of new stuff that isn't new in any other than a teensie weensie part and of course a name change. Unfortunately there are many no too experienced guys in here who are reading/hearing of the effect for the first time and give credit where none should be given. In fact one or two of our creaters should be imprisoned!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 10:29, mindpunisher wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 09:00, kambiz wrote:

Kam

Actually I could work out the method from reading the ad. Its as old as the hills and I would be very wary of using something like this since many lay people will know this method. Its so obvious.

There is also the other side of this argument and that is being sold crap on here. Now not all ads give away the method like this one. They spout hype that bears no relation to the product. And for some reason many mentalists will eat anything.

For master influencers they mighty easily influenced.

mindpunisher, that's horsecr*p and you know it.......whether you could work it out or not is totally irrelevant to the fact that people on that thread were "blatantly" exposing the method

I'm sure many effects out there can be worked out by some, including even HCE or some really really good metal bends etc, but respect dictates that you don't discuss methods explicitly or implicitly on an open forum.....

Secondly, there are many people who would NOT have had a clue as to the method just from the effect description...

Respectfully

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Pablo; I would hope that a little thing like exposer wouldn't run you off. While some exposer may or may not be wrong, it's never a personal thing. It seems that those who expose think that in some way they are exhibiting some kind of sudo intelligence and in so doing draw attention to themselves. But in a forum such as this, where those who are interested in the art dwell, exposer amounts to nothing more than a coffee clutch with other magicians after leaving a magic shop. Most lay people will not get to this site and those who do will get board easily since only a few "secrets" are ever discussed.

So if you must go then be well and good luck with your magic. However I would prefer to see you here giving your insights and opinions.

Cheers.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
JD, I think the problem is that a few people, including Pablo, posted complaints about the exposure. These complaints were removed by mods, leaving the exposing posts.

T.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Please reconsider Pablo.

Seen many leave and come back. Jim was on a sabbatical for a long while but now he is back.

Decomposed
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I'll miss your upbeat personality, and hope you return soon.
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
I'll miss you too Pablo. You have been nothing but kind and generous.

And I hope you will come back and show people what the right way of conducting yourself on these boards is.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
See you on the other side.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2010-11-25 23:23, Decomposed wrote:
Seen many leave and come back. Jim was on a sabbatical for a long while but now he is back.

I was banned for life.

Not sure if I still asm.

-Jim

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Because I love this art I say goodbye (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL