The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Torn and Restored Bible (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
207 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
Just thought I'd share a favorite effect illustrating Jesus' words, "heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away" (Matthew 24.35).

I print out the word "BIBLE" in english script on parchment looking paper and prepare the trick. I also print a separate half sheet with the words, "The BIBLE is God's Word" which I keep under my arm during the performance.

I discuss how we got the Bible, and how we take for granted. I explain how William Tyndale lost his life for the "crime" of translating the Bible into English. People have tried to destroy it because they don't like what it says, and Who it directs us to. I tear it up, make the s****h, and hold it up, dropping the half sheet, sheepishly stepping on it.

When it's obvious that I "messed up", I open the piece on the floor for a nice close, and it takes attention off the gimmicked piece.
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Torn and Restored Bible (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL