The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Joe Lefler's Dustbin to Rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I tried to search using the new limited search engine, but couldn't find anything about it. I'm new to performing and do mostly parlor type stuff for seniors and small kids. I find myself needing a good animal production because lots of folks ask if I do any rabbits or birds.

I have Joe's suitcase table and his Supreme Slate of Mind, both of which I'm enamored with. I'm considering purchasing his Dustbin to Rabbit so I can add an animal production to my act, so I'm looking for any feedback from you if you own and use the effect. I'm attracted to it because of it's wheeling stand and movability around the performing area. It's expensive for me at $595, but Joe has a 20% off sale till Nov. 30th. I'd much appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving to US members; and for the rest of the world, I give thanks that you are among us here in the Café!

P.S. I know, I still have to think about getting a rabbit and caring for it!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
There are a lot of animal production tricks invented. We discussed many of them in different threads earlier. They do cost a lot less. You can have a custom table with wheels. But most rabbit production tricks can fit behind/inside of magician's tables. You can reach in to get the prop and put it on top of the magician's table.

I did watch a video of Dustbin to Rabbit. I see no problem with it if that is want you like.

I advise you purchase a rabbit for about three months first. If you feel comfortable taking care of him, next get the trick.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I saw this when it was originally posted. There is one great flaw with it at least from the video. You never show it empty.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
As dynamike said, there are a lot of animal production tricks out there that cost a lot less than this. I agree with Ryan. Without being able to show the box empty, it isn't much of a trick. On the other hand, when the rabbit is produced, most audiences aren't going to be concerned with that downside. It's the rabbit that is going to take their attention.

Still, it's a lot of money. If it were me, I'd look at a drawer box, mirror box or something along those lines for a more magical effect at less money.
Where the magic begins
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Thanks folks for your help here. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, but at least I know not to go for the more expensive version. Best, Bob

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Abbott's Magic makes some excellent live stock box effects, here is one that is just for your kind of situtation.

Bunny Box: http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Elusi......stnd.htm

Take a look at some of their other creations, you might find an excellent prop for your needs.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Thanks Bill, ya just can't beat Abbott's most of the time! Best, Bob

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Joe Lefler's Dustbin to Rabbit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL