The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Recommended effects? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hi I have the following Gospel effects and would appreciate any recommendations. I would like to do a small informal "show" for the folks at my son's church in NC here is my list of what I have 1) He Died for you, 2)Bible tear,3)Eternal life policy 4)Bible coloring book. Thank you all Anthony
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
1 & 3 are both salvation messages, I think? Usually you only want one salvation message in the show, with the other routines being biblical in nature, or "just for fun". Just my opinion ... and one that I don't follow all the time ... my show "Laundry Day for Jesus" has 2 presentations of salvation within a 45-50 minute show ... so it can work ...
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
See the index of http://www.ChristianMagician.org heading below, some of the tricks may have been in the programs- I know the Bible Coloring book was used for sure.
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
161 Posts

Profile of Lash
What I like to do is use the same secular effects and tailor a gospel message to them for such groups. That way I don't have to buy separate props or tricks. The Gospel Tarbell books are a good place to start for something like that. I like having both a secular and gospel performance for most tricks I perform.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
That being said, I do have both "Gospel" application books both for Tarbell I and II, not exactly the strongest current "Gospel magic" material I have seen. I personally much prefer using "custom made" props especially for Gospel magic use- those made by Laflin, Varro, Mitchell, etc.. More expensive approach for sure though.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Thanks I do appreciate all of your help. I never thought about salvation .... from that point of view anyway. My former fiance always wanted me to show "saved by Grace' . But I will try to gel some secular effects into Gospel and post here for advice. Thank you again Anthony
mralincoln
View Profile
Loyal user
If I wasn't so busy, I'd have more than
223 Posts

Profile of mralincoln
I, too, tailor gospel patter for secular effects. There are some great ones--the Flexible Mirror is great to talk about James' concept of how looking into God's Word is like looking into a "mirror" and how God's Word is powerful & indestructible!

The "Lotta Water Vase" can illustrate the story of the woman & her sons who were running out of food--and the prophet Elijah had her collect pots--and her little bit of oil kept flowing and flowing and flowing (I Kings 17). Or, it can illustrate the story of the woman at the well--and how Jesus told her she would never thirst again and how springs of living water would flow inside her (John 4). Just a couple of ideas.

And, I use a square circle to produce silks corresponding to the Wordless Book--and give the plan of salvation there. Which, as a pastor & gospel magician, I think is essential for a gospel magic show. (Of course, I believe we should share the gospel as often as we have the chance.) For, you never know who in your audience is/is not a believer already.

Anyway, those are just some ideas to hopefully spark your creativity.

Hope they help!
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Thank you mralincoln, and every one else for your advice.I think while I tailor some effect around a Gospel theme I may end up learning a bit more of the Gospel myself. Always welcomed !
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Engine
I think Picto Transpo (Gene Andersen) has some great potential for gospel magic (good for illustrating the great exchange!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Recommended effects? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL