The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » A great time at the LA Magicopolis, Go! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3491 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I was in LA this past weekend, and went to Magicopolis with some friends. If you know me you know how picky (OK read snob) I am about good magic. Well, Steve Spill and his crew gave us one heck of an entertaining show.

His lovely assistant with her charming accent was a joy to see, she was funny and sensitive, and has mastered the art of magic with some beauty.

Steve was funny and proficient as the head of the troupe. The simple lovely, and themed Levitation was just perfect, and his tossed out deck as well thought out. One of the best moments was his Miser’s Dream done with a cooking pan and large spoon, very fun and inventive too.

If you’re in the LA area and have done the Magic Castle, then Magicopolis is a fresh alternative, in a great theatre space, a period bar, and a friendly staff, it’s also easy on the wallet. When you’re there say hi to Steve for me!

Magically,
Walt
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I saw Steve's show at MAGICOPOLIS a couple of weeks ago.. and SHAME ON ME for not giving a GLOWING review right away. The theatre is beautiful.. they have a beer and wine bar with a funny magician bartender.. Steve was acting as host that night.. and then the show starts..

What happened for the next 90 min was sheer joy. The magic was good.. the presentation was GREAT... and the show was just a joy to watch.

He starts the show with a straightfoard linking finger ring routine.. an effect I've always loved...

The highlight of the show for me was his miser's dream... a SUPER FAST deKolta chair.. and a funny bit with a kid and his miser's dream.

His balls over the head was super funny.. but i"ve never been a fan of the toilet paper thing.

One of the joys of the show was his assistant/ co-performer.. she did a touching bit with a little girl and Starcle...

Steve has a group of assistants.. and every one of them has their own charms... I want to see the others do the show too.. so it looks like I have to go back again and again..

and I will.

the best money you can spend on a magic show in LA.. actually... I liked it better than my last visit to the magic castle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » A great time at the LA Magicopolis, Go! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL