The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Discovery of extraterristrial life? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 20:51, EsnRedshirt wrote:
...For one, that form of intercourse is preferred by less than 50% of homosexuals.

Is that because the other half of the homosexual population prefer to be called lesbians?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 20:22, MagicSanta wrote:
Is that true that the average life span of a homosexual is only 40 years?

In Carrieland.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I keep thinking it would be a hoot if there were other inhabited worlds out there where the locals are always arguing about whether there's anybody else in the universe.

Which leads to the question: if they find us, are they just going to turn around, go back, and forget it ever happened?
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Jonathan, that statistic is for gay men only. Source- "Anal Pleasure and Health" by Jack Morin, Ph.D. Pages 6-7.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 20:53, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
...For one, that form of intercourse is preferred by less than 50% of homosexuals.

Is that because the other half of the homosexual population prefer to be called lesbians?

You'll notice Carrie tends to ignore that half of the homosexual populace. She likes to focus on the butt secks variety, in fact very specifically on the act. She seems obsessed with it. In fact, if there's anything unhealthy that has come from homosexuality, as she likes to claim, it would be her own obsession.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
Fact one of Carrie's quote seems to indicate there's an unhealthy preoccupation with who's sticking what where. A bit of education in the matter could help. For one, that form of intercourse is preferred by less than 50% of homosexuals.

And nearly the same percentage of heterosexuals...
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My cousin Sonny has had the same guy for, geez....close to 70 years. Just to be equal my aunt and uncle who recently passed away missed their 70th anniversary by about three months.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 22:42, critter wrote:
Quote:
Fact one of Carrie's quote seems to indicate there's an unhealthy preoccupation with who's sticking what where. A bit of education in the matter could help. For one, that form of intercourse is preferred by less than 50% of homosexuals.

And nearly the same percentage of heterosexuals...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 13:47, gdw wrote:
"except for the truism that when bad behavior is legalized you get more of it."

Uh, except that it's NOT true.

That's pretty true. Legalizing just about anything results in an increase of that behavior. In fact, merely reducing the sanctions on an illegal activity while leaving it illegal increases that behavior.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
It's strange Carrie should make a connection between morality and health.

She spent at least 4 days of her chaste life in hospital in 2010.

That's 4 more than I've spent there since I arrived home after birth, and that's after a very unchaste life that at times has been an unbridled and joyous celebration of wanton promiscuity.

I am also enjoying this supposedly uncharacteristic good health in my 51st year now.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
We are all D*mned...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-01-10 01:21, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 13:47, gdw wrote:
"except for the truism that when bad behavior is legalized you get more of it."

Uh, except that it's NOT true.

That's pretty true. Legalizing just about anything results in an increase of that behavior. In fact, merely reducing the sanctions on an illegal activity while leaving it illegal increases that behavior.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/......,00.html

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl......lization
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Glenn,

This is what I found as a salient quote from Article A:

Quote:
Peter Reuter, a professor of criminology and public policy at the University of Maryland, like Kleiman, is skeptical. He conceded in a presentation at the Cato Institute that "it's fair to say that decriminalization in Portugal has met its central goal. Drug use did not rise." However, he notes that Portugal is a small country and that the cyclical nature of drug epidemics — which tends to occur no matter what policies are in place — may account for the declines in heroin use and deaths.

The Cato report's author, Greenwald, hews to the first point: that the data shows that decriminalization does not result in increased drug use. Since that is what concerns the public and policymakers most about decriminalization, he says, "that is the central concession that will transform the debate."

And the salient quote from Article B:

Quote:
Under the Portuguese plan, penalties for people caught dealing and trafficking drugs are unchanged; dealers are still jailed and subjected to fines depending on the crime. But people caught using or possessing small amounts—defined as the amount needed for 10 days of personal use—are brought before what's known as a "Dissuasion Commission," an administrative body created by the 2001 law.

Each three-person commission includes at least one lawyer or judge and one health care or social services worker. The panel has the option of recommending treatment, a small fine, or no sanction.

So it's still illegal to deal and traffic in drugs. Do you think the drug legalization advocates in America believe the same thing? Or do they want to legalize those activities too? I don't see them nuancing their position.

Take users on a case-by-case basis, fine. I'm OK with that, and I can understand why that method would work. Imprisoning people for possession of small amounts of an illegal drug may not be the best thing. It's the pushers who are the biggest problem, and they're still being dealt with in Portugal.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
"Do you think the drug legalization advocates in America believe the same thing? Or do they want to legalize those activities too? I don't see them nuancing their position. "

There are a substantial number of people who advocate the decriminalization of small amounts of illegal drugs, which is essentially the equivalent of the Portuguese policy.

But I'll be snookered if I can remember how we got from the OP to here! Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-01-10 10:01, landmark wrote:
But I'll be snookered if I can remember how we got from the OP to here! Smile

Somewhere a stoned alien is shaking his antenna in disbelief.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Discovery of extraterristrial life? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL