The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2010 entrée: Andi Gladwin » » TFT » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hi Andi. I'd just like to say that I am a big fan of your magic. I love Mentalist's Luncheon- especially the after effect in the spectator's pocket- brilliant. I'm also a huge fan of Touch Force Triumph. I always liked Ouellette's Touch Force and I love the descrepency to get into the routine. I'm also a huge fan of discovering the three mates to the selection. How long have you had this trick? How did it evolve? What inspired you? Tell me about this excellent trick please, sir.
Respectfully, Rodney.
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Hi Rodney,

Thanks for your kind words. Both of these tricks saw print in this month's MAGIC Magazine (with Guy Hollingworth on the cover).

I can still remember when and why I created "Touch Force Triumph." I was driving to work, stuck in traffic and came up with the discrepant turnover force. The reason for playing with the move was that Jack Parker was ill at the time and I knew that he had experimented with dozens of ideas using the Touch Force (in fact, he drafted a book full of his ideas). I wanted to come up with something for Jack; something that he would find interesting and would hopefully fool him. When I finally arrived at work, I experimented with uses for the move and came up with a Triumph handling that I think is incredibly direct and clean. The Triumph came first and then I quickly realised that I could produce the mates too.

The trick didn't really evolve much from the initial creation. I was playing around with it on the T&A Tour with Tyler Wilson and cleaned up the handling a bit then. I eventually got to show him when he was at the hospice and he very much enjoyed it. It was the last trick I showed him.

--Andi
Tyler Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
Calgary
123 Posts

Profile of Tyler Wilson
Just to clarify for those worried about my health, I have never been to a hospice, and Andi has shown me several tricks since TFT. Andi was referring to Jack. But thank you everyone for your cards and well wishes.

That is, unless Andi knows something that I don't?!?!
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Tyler,

Surprise!

--Andi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2010 entrée: Andi Gladwin » » TFT » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL