The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » JFK and stuff. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 02:28, Destiny wrote:
It does not necessarily follow that if the mob killed Hoffa, it was the result of a giant conspiracy - it could well have been one boss type, instructing one killer.

I know if I was considering such an action, I would keep the knowledge as limited as possible because I just don't trust many people to keep secrets.


With the quoted post of yours I have to believe that you really have no idea how the mob works.

A hit of this magnitude is not made by one person much less caried out by one person. There is to much involved for one person to have to do in order to have a hit this clean. Especialy if you consider the disposal of the body and the actual abduction of such a high profile figure.

Your one person decision maker and one person killer is just not possible.

However these are great beer and pretzel topics and definitely make for a lot of speculation by us armchair experts.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 02:24, RS1963 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 00:04, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 21:54, RS1963 wrote:
Aces yes the Mafia can be good at keeping secrets. But they also have a good amount of loud mouths. Who would and will scream louder than a stuck pig if it is to save their own neck in some circumstances. If the Mob had hired Oswald or Ruby it would have leaked out by now. The person(s) that asked for the hit would have been found and the one that was the informant would be in the witness protection program more than likely. So the mob being involved is a laughable thought.





So if the above statement is true. Would not it hold true for the Hoffa disappearance? Or only for the Kennedy assisnation? You cannot have it both ways. Or do you believe the Hoffa disappearnace had nothing do to with the mob? Seems like nobody screamed louder than your stuck pig about Hoffa did they? Hmmm funny thing, it only works for the Kennedy assisnation because it fits your agenda. But I am sure you have some sort of explanation. I would like to hear it. Why no leaks on Hoffa? According to your "theory" there should definitely be some leaks on Hoffa and yet there are none. Again I guess it only works on the Kennedy deal because it fits your purpose.


True but just because it hasn't happened in either case it really doesn't mean anything. But it has been well proven that the Mob never has been tied to Kennedy's death They have been ruled out over and over again. With Hoffa they never have been ruled out. It doesn't matter what any U.S. commission says on the Kennedy matter either.


In one post you make a claim that it would "definitely" leak out and a few posts later you say "because it has't happened in either case it really doesn't mean anything". Wow what a reversal. It would definitely leak out but in these two cases since it hasn't it doesn't mean anything. Come on guy take a stand and stick to it. When something you say is disputed and shown to be wrong you claim it does not matter. Not very reasurring points on your part. Make up your mind.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 07:13, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 02:24, RS1963 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 00:04, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 21:54, RS1963 wrote:
Aces yes the Mafia can be good at keeping secrets. But they also have a good amount of loud mouths. Who would and will scream louder than a stuck pig if it is to save their own neck in some circumstances. If the Mob had hired Oswald or Ruby it would have leaked out by now. The person(s) that asked for the hit would have been found and the one that was the informant would be in the witness protection program more than likely. So the mob being involved is a laughable thought.





So if the above statement is true. Would not it hold true for the Hoffa disappearance? Or only for the Kennedy assisnation? You cannot have it both ways. Or do you believe the Hoffa disappearnace had nothing do to with the mob? Seems like nobody screamed louder than your stuck pig about Hoffa did they? Hmmm funny thing, it only works for the Kennedy assisnation because it fits your agenda. But I am sure you have some sort of explanation. I would like to hear it. Why no leaks on Hoffa? According to your "theory" there should definitely be some leaks on Hoffa and yet there are none. Again I guess it only works on the Kennedy deal because it fits your purpose.


True but just because it hasn't happened in either case it really doesn't mean anything. But it has been well proven that the Mob never has been tied to Kennedy's death They have been ruled out over and over again. With Hoffa they never have been ruled out. It doesn't matter what any U.S. commission says on the Kennedy matter either.


In one post you make a claim that it would "definitely" leak out and a few posts later you say "because it has't happened in either case it really doesn't mean anything". Wow what a reversal. It would definitely leak out but in these two cases since it hasn't it doesn't mean anything. Come on guy take a stand and stick to it. When something you say is disputed and shown to be wrong you claim it does not matter. Not very reasurring points on your part. Make up your mind.


What I said was obviously hypothetical. At least to Me it was. If you don't like what I say don't read it. Here this is just going to confuse you more but oh well. I still know the Mafia didn't have anything to do with Kennedy. I'm sure they did on Hoffa. Now I hope that has driven you even crazier.

B.T.W. I didn't say my statement you quoted was fact or true. However you did say "If your statement is true" The only time I did say true was after you asked if the statement would fit both Hoffa and JFK.

So are you confused enough yet?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
RS1963 says: If you don't like what I say don't read it.


I say: How the heck will I know I don't like it unless I read it?


By the way you are a great, what we call "back pedaler". You can change gears qicker than Obama. I think you speak with forked tongue. You say one thing and if it is shown to be wrong you say that is not what you meant etc. yada yada. You might as well say, I am sure he did it, but if he didn't someone else did, maybe I think possibly.

What was supposedto be hypothetical that you said?

Also to answer your question about being confused. It is difficult to chat with you and not be confused as you change your thoughts from post to post to fit your agenda. Makes it hard to stay on point. I guess what shall we say? It is your style.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I am certainly no expert on the Mafia - I only know what I've read and seen in movies - which means I suspect, that I know very little.

I have noticed over the years, so many news articles about various mafia types breaking the time honoured mafia code, I start to wonder if said code exists, except in the minds of those who write about it's breaking.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Destiny,

I guess calling it a code is kind of colorful. However I do not believe it is written anywhere and they must sign it or anything like that. However It is like any two people or more having a secret and swear not to tell anyone. However we know that sometimes this does not work out. But with the mafia types it is not just saying you are not my friend any more. I think the penalty is somewhat harsher if you get my drift. Many have obviously talked to save their own skin but also many who have talked have not been heard from again and things happen to their loved ones. These people do not play by the same rules that you and I do.

Often times the movies and books make things more colorful than they really are. However if you want a good look at the mafia in a somewhat real light, view the Godfather series of movies. It is much closer to reality than one might think. In many cases the names have been changed to protect the innocent...I think I have heard that before.
Cuba even comes into play in the series.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Aces I haven't changed anything. You assume I have.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20992 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 09:55, Destiny wrote:
I am certainly no expert on the Mafia - I only know what I've read and seen in movies - which means I suspect, that I know very little.

I have noticed over the years, so many news articles about various mafia types breaking the time honoured mafia code, I start to wonder if said code exists, except in the minds of those who write about it's breaking.


Times have changed I will say. "Omertà" - is the oath or "code of silence" that most of them live by. (or used too) In the days gone by most of the world had no idea just how much they controled. If you put a coin in it in America as little as 30 or 40 years ago it was controled by the mob. Organized crime is not that organized any more. Most trace the loss of power to the drug trade. There was a time when they would never put themselves in it. Who is to say?

I know the code used to exist, but of late the guys have become easier and easier to roll. It also has become far easier to get information through technical advancements. Tough to keep any secrets any more.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16347 Posts

Profile of tommy
Perhaps a more important question than who shot Kennedy is who cares who shot Kennedy?

Some would not care if they actually found out it was in fact the CIA. They would say, so what, its classified and we should not mention it.

I will mention no names. ^

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 10:53, RS1963 wrote:
Aces I haven't changed anything. You assume I have.


Go back and reread your posts. You are really losinig credibility here. Saying it is hypothetical in one claim, then saying that you did not say it was true in another.

Do we have to guess what you mean when you post? Or will you tell us later when someone shows you are in error or deny having said it. Have you ever given politics a thought as a career? You seem to fit the profile. Only trying to help here. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 11:11, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 09:55, Destiny wrote:
I am certainly no expert on the Mafia - I only know what I've read and seen in movies - which means I suspect, that I know very little.

I have noticed over the years, so many news articles about various mafia types breaking the time honoured mafia code, I start to wonder if said code exists, except in the minds of those who write about it's breaking.


Times have changed I will say. "Omertà" - is the oath or "code of silence" that most of them live by. (or used too) In the days gone by most of the world had no idea just how much they controled. If you put a coin in it in America as little as 30 or 40 years ago it was controled by the mob. Organized crime is not that organized any more. Most trace the loss of power to the drug trade. There was a time when they would never put themselves in it. Who is to say?

I know the code used to exist, but of late the guys have become easier and easier to roll. It also has become far easier to get information through technical advancements. Tough to keep any secrets any more.



Danny,

You are correct about coin operated machines. From pinball machines to cigarette machines to gum machines all were controlled by them years ago. I believe your thoughts that drugs have made huge changes in the underworld is correct. So hard to make a dishonest living anymore. Almost makes one want to get a real job with benefits.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 11:24, tommy wrote:
Perhaps a more important question than who shot Kennedy is who cares who shot Kennedy?

Some would not care if they actually found out it was in fact the CIA. They would say, so what, its classified and we should not mention it.

I will mention no names. ^

:)



Tommy,

Is that an arrow pointing to the post above? Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 11:39, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 10:53, RS1963 wrote:
Aces I haven't changed anything. You assume I have.


Go back and reread your posts. You are really losinig credibility here. Saying it is hypothetical in one claim, then saying that you did not say it was true in another.

Do we have to guess what you mean when you post? Or will you tell us later when someone shows you are in error or deny having said it. Have you ever given politics a thought as a career? You seem to fit the profile. Only trying to help here. Smile


You're just like Glenn his elevator has never made it up to the top floor either.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
And all this time I thought acesover and RS1963 were the same person (not really, but this disagreement is a first!)
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Aces Why I said that in the last post is. you don't want to listen to anyone and when someone tries to explain something to you it is useless you just keep harping on the same things over and over again. Yes we all do that but unlike you we can also understand what others are saying.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 13:33, RS1963 wrote:
Aces Why I said that in the last post is. you don't want to listen to anyone and when someone tries to explain something to you it is useless you just keep harping on the same things over and over again. Yes we all do that but unlike you we can also understand what others are saying.


Well we can agree on one thing. I don't know what you are saying.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 13:40, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 13:33, RS1963 wrote:
Aces Why I said that in the last post is. you don't want to listen to anyone and when someone tries to explain something to you it is useless you just keep harping on the same things over and over again. Yes we all do that but unlike you we can also understand what others are saying.


Well we can agree on one thing. I don't know what you are saying.


Obviously.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 13:45, RS1963 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 13:40, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 13:33, RS1963 wrote:
Aces Why I said that in the last post is. you don't want to listen to anyone and when someone tries to explain something to you it is useless you just keep harping on the same things over and over again. Yes we all do that but unlike you we can also understand what others are saying.


Well we can agree on one thing. I don't know what you are saying.


Obviously.


Agreed.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 10:53, RS1963 wrote:
Aces I haven't changed anything. You assume I have.


I finally have to say I assumed nothing. I read your post and anyone else here can read it. Read your post of Dec 9 at 8:08. Read the post and the quotes.

You positively contradict yourself saying that information would have come out. Then later say that because it didn't come out it doesn't mean anything. But you already said that it would have come out.

Then you jump in and say something about a hypothetical and go on to say that anyway it is hypothetical to me anyway. WTF.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 14:35, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 10:53, RS1963 wrote:
Aces I haven't changed anything. You assume I have.


I finally have to say I assumed nothing. I read your post and anyone else here can read it. Read your post of Dec 9 at 8:08. Read the post and the quotes.

You positively contradict yourself saying that information would have come out. Then later say that because it didn't come out it doesn't mean anything. But you already said that it would have come out.

Then you jump in and say something about a hypothetical and go on to say that anyway it is hypothetical to me anyway. WTF.


Your missing the point. I did not say it was truth/fact. It's like saying what would happen if I throw this rock at that window of the house next door? I could say It would hit the window and break. But that would depend on if you have good aim now wouldn't it? More than likely it would hit the window and break it but that doesn't mean that it would for a fact hit it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » JFK and stuff. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL