The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » JFK and stuff. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I wonder how many get offended when the joke is told about Had Mark David Chapman just aimed a few inches over he would have been a national hero?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
When my apartment building was in flames we were all out in the parking lot watching. My friends the lesbians from upstairs were crying on each other and I said the first thing that popped into my head, "Do you think we'll lose our damage deposit?" They stopped crying. They laughed, but even if they'd yelled at me they wouldn't have been crying anymore.
Bad jokes are one thing in life that we can control.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I kind of like to think he was aiming at Yoko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5YIJ1pZEBc

Over the last few years I've come to appreciate The Beatles and Lennon etc., couldn't stand them back in the good ol' days, rather listen to The Who or the Stones. It is terrible when anyone, regardless of who they are or believed to be, gets killed.

There was a murder in San Diego that no one saw of a guy that was nothing but trouble. They finally got a retired Navy guy for it and it was a shame because the guy killed really was vicious to him and his family and neighbors until they had enough.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I hadn't seen that video but I love that song and have been a fan of BNL for 6 years now. Thanks for posting that santa.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Wonderful band, I hope they survive the main (one of the main) singer leaving the group. While off subject (ha!) here is a song that I think I'm the only fan of, I love the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Wx35sNqdM
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Oh man, Santa and RS1963, I, too, am a big a fan of BNL. Come back home, all is forgiven!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2817 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 00:24, critter wrote:
When my apartment building was in flames we were all out in the parking lot watching. My friends the lesbians from upstairs were crying on each other and I said the first thing that popped into my head, "Do you think we'll lose our damage deposit?" They stopped crying. They laughed, but even if they'd yelled at me they wouldn't have been crying anymore.
Bad jokes are one thing in life that we can control.

Isaac Asimov tells the story of his brother Stanley conducting an interview of some famous person. At the end of the interview, he tried to imply that he'd like a lift on their private plane back to NYC. The people didn't pick up on the hint and took off without him. The plane developed engine problems and had to return to the airport where Stanley was still waiting for his flight. Stanley met the guy as he got off his damaged plane and commented that he was glad he didn't get on with him. The person responded; "I didn't realize you wanted a lift. I'd have given you one if I'd known. The pilot said that the weight of one more person would have been enough to cause us to crash!"

Hearing the story, Isaac expressed horror, thinking about what would have gone through Mom and Dad's minds. Stanley says they'd have been upset, but they'd have gotten over it. Isaac said; "Yes, but for the rest of their lives, YOU would have been their favorite son."

Gallows humor is cool. It's not making fun of someone who actually died.
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20992 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-12-11 06:24, ed rhodes wrote:
I am, in general, opposed to the death penalty. Not because I preach compassion for people who've killed others, but because I feel we're too likely to make mistakes that can't be rectified.

I do believe there are some people who should be staked out for fire ants.

Except Mark David Chapman...

he should be lowered, head first, into a Beatles convention.

I always thought it was funny "Imagine no posessions" yet he had a whole lot of them didn't he? Moved from England because of an oppressive tax system I believe. Hmmm yea I guess "imagine" is the exact word because right where the rubber meets the road he certainly had posessions.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Do they have Beatles conventions? Never knew that.

Hey, there is a video of BNL doing Brian Wilson on a Canadian TV show which I believe is the best version out there. I'm trying to find it among the mix of versions out there.

As for John Lennon if you listened to the recordings made of him discussing songs and making jokes between recording then you would realize he wasn't the open minded, love the world, woman I am your slave, guy he projected in public. He was nice guy, he was a funny guy, he was an amazingly wealthy guy and lived like it. It is a bummer he was killed but it still doesn't remove any talent from Julien and give it to Shawn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » JFK and stuff. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL