The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » 365daysofmagic Blog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

calen.morelli.
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of calen.morelli.
Hey everyone,
My Name is Calen Morelli, 76 days ago I had a crazy idea. I was getting to comfortable with my magic so I created a challenge for myself. I decided I would try and create one new effect each day, for one year, and post it on my blog. I am 76 days into the challenge and am going to attempt to do this for one year. Here is a link to my blog-

365daysofmagic.tumblr.com

Feel free to check out the project share your thoughts on it.

Calen Morelli
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Calen's blog is great. Prepared to be amazed, fooled, and inspired. Outstanding stuff. I don't know how you do it, Calen.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2010-12-01 20:08, cjmagicman wrote:
Calen's blog is great. Prepared to be amazed, fooled, and inspired. Outstanding stuff. I don't know how you do it, Calen.

Caleb

Agreed, Caleb. It's been fun and inspirational.

I've liked so many of his routines. For example, go check out Day 61, "B.O.L.D. Linking Bands". Impromptu fooler.

And the live URL is http://365daysofmagic.tumblr.com/

- Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Andrew Morse
View Profile
Regular user
Corvallis, OR
157 Posts

Profile of Andrew Morse
Nice work bro. I don't get how you do it.

Talk to you soon.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
Hi Calen,

This is a very creative and inspiring blog - thanks. The Mis Made Pasteboard (Day 116) looks very cool. Are you planning on publishing the material after you've finished the project?

Marty

P.S. This thread deserves to be bumped more often.
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Calen,

When I grow up ,i am to be like you Smile.

It is really insane, amazing what you are doing.

keep it up and good luck.

-Mano
calen.morelli.
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of calen.morelli.
Martyjacobs, I'm glad your enjoying the Project! I have played around with the thought of doing a project that inclues the best effects from the year, but only time will tell.

Calen
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Calen:

I'm already old, so when I pass on and am reincarnated, I want to come back as creative a human as you.

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I like the blog but not the way Penguin Magic has hijacked it.

Now that I know it's a commercial venture, designed to boost sales for Penguin, I've lost interest.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Andi, I hope you change your mind. The 365 Days of Magic project is a *highly* time consuming venture on Calen's part. It takes many many hours every day to come up with fresh original material to publish. As BIG fans of Calen's work AND innovation in magic, Penguin is proud to support Calen's efforts, allowing him to *thrive* and create the best possible material over the 365 days.

Neither the goals nor the spirit of the project have been changed in any way, only strengthened! It's a remarkable project, I hope you remain a fan.

Acar
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great stuff, thanks for starting this thread!
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
Calen this is just awesome. the greatest trick in my opinion is to come up with a new trick everyday.
if you´ll release some of these tricks I hope pop will be one of them Smile

cheers,
macc
Aster D. Grey
View Profile
New user
but a quick learner
23 Posts

Profile of Aster D. Grey
Calen, I don't know if you're still on here, but I'm wondering what in the world happened to the videos? I'd love to see them.
Rainbows and unicorns,

Grey
Isaach
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Isaach
Quote:
On May 7, 2014, Aster D. Grey wrote:
Calen, I don't know if you're still on here, but I'm wondering what in the world happened to the videos? I'd love to see them.

Incase you are still wondering, he just reposted all of his videos from from this project and other videos that he has made on his youtube channel. It's really all there. I wasn't into magic yet when he originally was making these so I had never seen them. I'm really excited to watch them all because people have said so many good things about the project but I could never watch it.
Isaac Haber - Boston

youtube.com/irhaber
twitter.com/isaac_haber
instagram.com/isaac_haber

No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.
—Oscar Wilde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » 365daysofmagic Blog (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL