The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why the Post Office SUCKS! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
You can buy stamps in other places in the U.S. too. I used to buy them at the grocery store a lot. Anything to avoid a trip to the post office.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 04:35, RS1963 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 01:57, MagicSanta wrote:
Where I live we have a one person post office, I've never seen anyone there other than the one worker. We have no bank or grocery store!

Santa I can understand in your case I know you live in a rather isolated area. But Christopher lives in Dallas Tx. I am sure there are more that one p.o. or supermarket in his area. Heck even stores like 7-11's often sell books of postage stamps.

And you get a free gun and case of beer with every purchase in any Texas store. Chuck Norris created the law when he became President of the State, despite not being born or even raised there.
I'm gonna' go now.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 00:37, randirain wrote:
It's still cheaper and less time consuming than taking the letters yourself to all the people.

Randi

Late nominee for Post of the Year. This was extremely funny; I can't believe it's gone uncommented-upon.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Hmm. I've always thought the PO was the biggest bargain in the world. For 47 cents, some company will carry my letter from the west coast to New York? In only a few days?

Every Christmas I take a big tray of smoked salmon or smoked Tri-Tip, crackers, shmeer, etc to my local PO. for their break-room. All year long I get the best service, they all know my name, and it's the best $20 I spend. They appreciate the appreciation (how long since you've complimented them on their GOOD work?) and I appreciate the service.

Any company with a million employees (or however many) are bound to filter thru a bunch of bad ones before they get canned. I've had the occasional old bat who is sitting thru till retirement, being a broken cog, a big hair-clog in the system. It's maddening, but no matter...the rest are the best.

OK, had my say, flay away.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
If you were just buying stamps, why didn't you just get them from the machine?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
So basically rather than the post office he could have hit the grocery store, costco/other warehouse store, bank, drug store, stamp machine, mail order, shipping store, and on line.....of course if none of those places had Christmas themed stamps and his wife would check on him I guess the post office was all he had left.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I was wondering that part myself. He said they had to be "Christmas" stamps, otherwise he could have just gotten them out of the machine in the first place.

Most post office branches I've been to only have one person working the windows no matter how busy it is. Bring a paperback.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I knew a former male carrier and she said it wasn't unusual for any carrier on any given day decide that they didn't want to take a large load of mail with them so they would leave a very large amount to take with later on in the week or the following week. That was a big no no of course but they did get away with it and no one in the post office would ever suffer from lack of sleep over it either.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Oops mail carrier for above not male
Tfet
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Tfet
I live in Florida guys, And I can tell you from personal experience that the Post Office down here in my little part of the world is one of the worst I've ever used. From the clerks at the Office to the mail carriers themselves, I'm pretty sure that they all have some sort of lower primate DNA floating around in their bloodstreams.

Look, The post office itself is going to heck. Ridiculous "13 ounce" rules and first class mail being more expensive than Priority shipping and so on. Its an overinflated, High overhead company that happens to have certain protections that keep it afloat.

I'm with you Christopher. I HATE THE POST OFFICE. If I can avoid it, I certainly do.

But at the same time, I really have to agree with Santa. Taking the cards straight out of my wifes hands and right to the Grocery store / Automated machine to get regular stamps is EXACTLY what would have happened. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why the Post Office SUCKS! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL