The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Zenneth Kok Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I think you are correct about buying from a dealer Bill. Mine were bought from my better half's account on ebay.
Bri
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2010-12-07 13:08, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
I think you are correct about buying from a dealer Bill. Mine were bought from my better half's account on ebay.
Bri

I was wondering who'd hacked into my account.
P.S. That skirt you ordered showed up here too. It's super cute!!!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Only the best for you baby Smile
Kevin Gardner
View Profile
Regular user
Richboro, PA
177 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gardner
Quote:
On 2010-12-07 12:18, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
These cups were NOT damaged in transit, I have stated that in the review and also stated that I was "sent junk" on this thread, meaning that the cups were obviously sent in used and damaged condition.

Sorry about that, I was incorrect.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

No need for an apology Kevin, I actually would rather someone send out decent cups which were damaged in the mail than send out cups in that condition in the first place!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
It's far easier to beat up the mailman than to beat up the random dude in Nepal who sent you a crummy set of cups.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Have you seen the size of my mailman???? Smile
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I've seen a couple sets of these at Denny's shop in Vegas. There not bad I think the center beads are less pronounced than they should be. But they are usable. I have handled them more than once and haven't seen any plating issues on the sets there. For the price they are worth it.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
About copper plated copper...
Just wondering why choose this method: Could it be that plating means there's less work to do polishing & buffing the cups?
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
No, not at all. The plated surface will have all of the bumps and lumps of the surface itself. Plating can make an alloy that doesn't mix properly look all the same color, though. Or it can take three cups that are different colors and make them appear to be the same.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Thanks Bill. So, the cups can be made of less high-quality copper?
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes. To be kinder, I would say "less consistent" copper. You could use copper from two different batches and plate the cups to look alike.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

It puzzled me for some time as to why they would be plated. I initially thought that it was to save money on polishing, however the plating is dependant on the surface anyway so you'd need a polished finish. Though I noticed the ones advertised by some dealers are satin finish. I think that you have hit the nail on the head Bill, it's the only palusible explanation I think.

Bri
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Zenneth Kok Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL