The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic Castle Help? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Hi guys... I'm posting this here because I don't really post anywhere else on the Café, being just a stubborn coin guy at heart. Anyways, I see Eugene Burger is on the menu at the Magic Castle this weekend, and it just so happens I'll be in LA staying right around the corner. But how can I get in to see this show? Any ideas? Guidance appreciated!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Call 323-851-3314 and find out if being a member of a magic club will get you in. Hopefully you are, and have a card.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Alternatively, you may be able to get a guest pass if you ask nicely from a Café member. Or stop by a local magic shop, get to know the shop keeper, and ask if they might have some guest passes they'd be willing you let you use. But when you use a pass, there is a cover charge and I think dinner is also required.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Rutabaga: you have a PM.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Unless a member walks him in, it is probably too late to get a pass as the dinner reservations are probably full. this is the busiest season for the Castle. I don't even go on the weekends cause the crowds are too uncomfortable for me.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Thanks everyone! I just arrived at my hotel, and can see the Castle from my window! I'm only here until Monday, so will call and see what's available. I really appreciate the advice and PMs!
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
The Castle has a Hotel and if you stay there you get to go to dinner and the shows.
I have stayed there before and the rooms are nice and reasonably priced.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8728 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You also might reach out to Vinny, he's a member and might be able to help get you in. He'll just make them an offer they can't refuse. Smile Seriously, reach out and see.

Have a good time my friend. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
The Castle is totally booked for the weekend Smile Never mind, it was worth a shot, and great to see all the support I got here at the Café. Many thanks again guys [especially you, Bill]... I'll be back in February and will be sure to book in advance as soon as I know the dates!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Post something on the Café as soon as you know - I'm sure someone will be able to help you out!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Rutabaga ypou canj go to the castle without having dinner can also eat at the bar
let me know about this sunday if interested
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Thanks Vinny, PM'd you. I'm amazed at the generosity of spirit of the LA magicians... Thanks again to you all!
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
You just won't see Eugene as he isn't performing on Sunday, Just Friday and Saturday.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8728 Posts

Profile of Mb217
See, toldya the Godfather would be helpful, he always is. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Next time you're in town let me know and I'll walk you in...for a drink of course...LOL. Hope you got in and had a great time tonight...
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Oh dude...had I known a bit earlier, I could have overnighted you a guest pass!!!! I know how you feel though. I'm working the Castle on Saturday the 18th and Stevie Wonder is playing a benefit right around the corner. I so wish I could be there instead......just for an hour....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Is he playing the bowl? I've heard his shows there are amazing.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Eric, please tell me you're going to be performing in southern california for another day besides the 18th. We're celebrating my girlfriend's birthday all day on that saturday =(.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
The way this thread is going we'll be having a Café party at the Castle next time I'm in town...! Maybe we should invite Stevie Wonder too!
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Just for my education, I always thought that the Magic Castle was like a theater where I can go and see a show, however from reading rutabaga experience, sounds more like a private club where you either need to be member or be invited by a member, is this the case?

Thank you ... Pablo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic Castle Help? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL