The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic Castle Help? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Quote:
On 2010-12-07 20:13, pabloinus wrote:
Just for my education, I always thought that the Magic Castle was like a theater where I can go and see a show, however from reading rutabaga experience, sounds more like a private club where you either need to be member or be invited by a member, is this the case?

Thank you ... Pablo

YUP...
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2010-12-07 20:13, pabloinus wrote:
Just for my education, I always thought that the Magic Castle was like a theater where I can go and see a show, however from reading rutabaga experience, sounds more like a private club where you either need to be member or be invited by a member, is this the case?

Thank you ... Pablo

This gives you a bit more info:
http://www.magiccastle.com/visiting/

However, if you are able to go as a guest, you can buy a picture from the photographer that walks around during the evening "say Hocus Pocus!" and that will get you a guest pass to go again with up to seven friends.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2010-12-03 20:26, rutabaga wrote:
The Castle is totally booked for the weekend Smile Never mind, it was worth a shot, and great to see all the support I got here at the Café. Many thanks again guys [especially you, Bill]... I'll be back in February and will be sure to book in advance as soon as I know the dates!

My pleasure. Sorry it didn't work out.

Quote:
On 2010-12-07 09:06, Eric Jones wrote:
Oh dude...had I known a bit earlier, I could have overnighted you a guest pass!!! I know how you feel though. I'm working the Castle on Saturday the 18th and Stevie Wonder is playing a benefit right around the corner. I so wish I could be there instead......just for an hour....

I'm flying home from Kiev on the 18th, but I won't make it to the Castle (that's disappointing!). If I go anywhere other than straight home it'll be to a Christmas party hosted by an old friend.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
In the future, I'm there most nights of the week. Anyone can PM me to get in, and if I'm already in the castle you don't even need passes or reservations.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
We actually arranged a way for him to get in, but he didn't show up. Vinnie reached out to me and I procured permission for him to attend, but all for naught.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Sorry Kirk, but Friday or Saturday was all I had planned, as I had to work Sunday evening till late. I DID message that to Vinnie by PM... sorry it didn't get to you. I appreciate your willingness to help! [I messaged that to Vinnie also].
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
How about this coming Friday the 10th for lunch? We usually get there a few minutes before 12 and see the 12:30 close up show, then lunch.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2010-12-07 12:59, mavericklancer wrote:
Eric, please tell me you're going to be performing in southern california for another day besides the 18th. We're celebrating my girlfriend's birthday all day on that saturday =(.

NO, I'm lecturing at 7:30 on Sunday the 12th at The Magic Apple, doing Early Close-Up at The Castle from the 13-19th, doing the Friday Brunch Shows, and lecturing on the 19th at The Castle. If you're around, I'd love to hang out!!!!
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
You guys in LA have all the fun!

Thanks for the invite Pete, PM'd you.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
The Friday lunches are amazing. I went with Pete once awhile back and it really is a cool experience. We met the guy who wrote the music for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and when we went downstairs later he was playing the piano and Pete goes, "Pay attention, he's writing another song."
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Awesome!
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Yes the magic castle is another reason, after the Rose Parade, why so many people move to California.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic Castle Help? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL