The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stand & Deliver dvd - Shaun McCree (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
shaun m
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of shaun m
Hi guys, I hope I'm posting this in the right place! I would just like to let those people who were kind enough to express an interest that my new 2 dvd set 'Stand & Deliver' has just been completed by RSVP Magic and is due for release on the 16th December. As with Mix & Mingle, it's mostly strolling/table material from my day to day working repertoire, but there's also a couple of effects from my trade show days and a favourite from my parlour show, along with my Biddle Grip Elmsley Count handling, described for the first time.
You can see the trailer at http://www.rsvpmagic.com/product_stand_deliver.html
Shaun McCree
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Mix and Mingle was a great collection of effects - still one of the best DVDs available IMHO.

Shaun - can you tell me the general skill level of the coin routines on there?

Thanks

Charlie
shaun m
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of shaun m
Thanks for the kind words Charlie!
There are two coin routines, my strolling coins across routine (Norrin Radd) which is pretty straightforward, and Global Aftershock which uses a familiar gaff in an unfamiliar way which is a bit fiddlier, but nothing particularly difficult - certainly no harder than the routines on MnM!
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Looking forward to this Shaun. Your first set of dvds contained some of the most practical real world close up I have seen on dvd.

Best

John
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
DVD 1 CONTENTS

Paper Money
Shaun’s personal handling of the Pat Page/Fred Kaps classic which he’s used for over twenty years as a
tableside opener, designed to look like incredible sleight of hand, but easy as can be.

Everywhere & Aces
Setting out to find cards which indicate the suit, colour, value and identity of a freely selected card, all
four cards appear identical - and then become the four aces, the selection being in the magician’s pocket -
Shaun’s approach to a couple of classic routines by Hofsinzer & Marlo which have become blended over
years of performances into a real worker.

Daley Rainbow
Dr Daley’s Cavorting Aces given the Technicolor treatment, with an astonishing colour changing
deck climax - the perfect follow up effect to Everywhere & Aces.

Expert Away from the Card Table
Another multiphase strolling routine perfect for those times when you’re asked if you can cheat at cards
and there’s no table for your poker deal demonstration - features a one palm handling of Travellers….. and
even Erdnase lends a hand!
Phase 1 - Switching the Hand
Phase 2 - Controlling the Cards
Phase 3 - Palming the Cards

Norrin Radd (Coins Across)
The coins across routine Shaun has been closing his strolling set with for years - no laying down of
coins, no hand to hand transfers and angle proof - true professional material.

DVD 2 - CONTENTS

The Fix
Designed for strolling conditions, this is a complete multiphase routine which combines plots by
Hartman, Hofzinser, Elmsley and Schwartz to create a memorable self-resetting routine where a signed card
transports itself from a spectators hands into the magician’s hands a quarter at a time!

Chopped or Diced
An ungaffed chop cup style routine with a dice cup & dice, with a jumbo die and pool ball climax
- easy and fun to perform.

Rainbow Poker
Created by Shaun as a schoolboy and used by him ever since, this is a powerful, useable packet trick - a
packet of Jokers become printed one at a time into a royal flush - with a Technicolor back climax and room
for a sponsor’s logo - and all examinable at the conclusion too!

Global Aftershock
Coins of different size and value travel one at a time under a card, then vanish to reappear in the hand in
a flash - starts and ends clean and uses a familiar gimmick in an unfamiliar way…..

Devil’s Card
When the Open Prediction plot meets a spooky tale of a gambler vs. the devil this is the result - a signed
card vanishes from a folded paper to be found by the spectator under very clean conditions - perfect for
parlour or board room style performances.

Odd One In
Trade show performers will love this one - a jumbo monte routine in the vein of Sidewalk Shuffle or Joe
Riding’s Irish 3 Card Trick - but with a stunning odd back climax - ideal for featuring the sponsor’s
logo….

Biddle Grip Elmsley
Developed by Shaun more than thirty years ago as a way of avoiding grip changes between Elmsley and
Hamman counts, this powerful tool is revealed here for the first time.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
My orders in!
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
This is sure to be another top class DVD from Shuan,
I look forward to seeing it.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
Mix and Mingle has some of the best 'workers' I have ever seen. Its in my top 3 magic DVDs. Im ordering this Smile
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

To all of you that have ordered, the release date of "Stand & Deliver" is the 16th December, so they should be with you before Christmas!

We sent out a special newsletter to our newsletter subscribers and I'd like to make the same offer here to magiccafe readers. Order Shaun's new DVD set "Stand & Deliver" and receive a FREE copy of "Menu of Miracles 3" by James Prince. This is currently priced at $45.00 (£24.99)! Also remember that postage is FREE to anywhere in the world.

This is another reason to sign up to our newsletter as we occasionally make these special offers. You can do this by visiting our website. The link for this special offer is at:

http://www.rsvpmagic.com/product_stand_d......ter.html

Best,
Russ
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
"Stand and Deliver" would suggest this concentrates on standup or parlour material yes?
shaun m
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of shaun m
Thanks for the query Futureal -
Perhaps I should clarify a bit (although the listing that John Carey kindly posted sums it up pretty well) - in recent years I've noticed a trend towards some of my corporate clients having more intimate functions, say 20 - 30 people, perhaps requiring performance during drinks, or at tables and then an after dinner parlour show, where you can go through a lot of material and the effects on these discs were selected to be of particular use in this type of environment, where you may return to a group or table several times, for example. Hence there are full sets, quick effects for the 'just do one more' moments, a couple where you could put in the company logo, and so on.
The vast majority of the material on these discs is designed for walkaround or table performance and much of it can be done in the hands - there is a combination of what I would call 'full' routines (The Fix, Expert Away from the Card Table, Everywhere & Aces/Daley Rainbow)and individual effects such as 'Norrin Radd(Coins Across)', and 'Chopped or Diced', my one cup routine,.
There are two routines that would classify as parlour or stand-up - 'Devil's Card' which I use in parlour or 'boardroom' type conditions and 'Odd One In' which is a jumbo card routine I used for years on trade stands and for promotional shows.
I hope that helps......
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Really looking forward to this. Mix n' Mingle is one of my very favourite DVD's and knowing Shaun, this new DVD set will be incredible too!

Iain.
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

To all those that ordered, your DVDs were shipped out on Thursday afternoon, so should be with you for Christmas. I'm leaving the special offer up for another 24 hours. You can find it here: http://www.rsvpmagic.com/product_stand_d......ter.html

Best,
Russ
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
I just put my order in, cant wait to recieve this Smile
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Should be in sunny New Zealand by New Year
thanks Russ great service as always
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Shaun is a great guy & I have had the pleasure of working along side him many times & seen first hand the reactions these routines receive !

Best Wishes

Mark Southworth
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Shaun

I'm sure these new dvds will be a hit! Anyone who is unfamiliar with Shaun's magic would be well advised to check out his first set of DVDs and these!

Best regards
Andrew Murray
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Just seen some Shaun McCree's Stand & Deliver DVD's and there is some great workable material on their. I really liked The Fix only disappointment is that the gaffed card is not included. This always frustrates me when I see a great routine and then by the way you have to make this. As I am hopeless at making things this does not help. What would be the simplest way of making this gaff without making the card too thick. I would have paid the extra just to have the gaffed card, so I can get on in learning this great trick. All this said good work again from Shaun McCree and RSVP Magic.

Chris Wild a.k.a Kris Krendo - Magician
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Phone posted twice sorry Smile
shaun m
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of shaun m
Thanks for the kind words all - Chris- we did think about including the gaff for the Fix but didn't want to tie people into using say, red bikes - the easiest way to make the gaff up and keep it thin is to simply put two cards that match the deck you use onto a scanner and print out the back designs on decent paper (or go into Staples and get them to colour copy a few cards) - then cut the printed card backs as appropriate and paste the parts onto the double blank. Hope that's helpful without giving too much away....it's a technique I've used over the years to make up things (like the jumbo card for Myopia from MnM for example) to match clients' decks of cards.
If enough people are interested then we'll look again at getting the gaffs printed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stand & Deliver dvd - Shaun McCree (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL