The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any Oregon Duck fans here??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Former player current alumni here getting ready to watch the Civil War game...GO DUCKS!!!!
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Hey Sleightly Dagerous, I live in Eugene and I'm addicted to Qwack. The Ducks looked pretty darn good against them buck toothed Beavers. The Ducks had a few mistakes, but not many. As you well know the Cival war is always a tough game.
When did you play for the Ducks ? I've been to or at least watched pretty much every Duck game since 1985 or so, odds are I seen you play.
Auburn better watch out, the Ducks are for real this year.
Bob.
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
I think we may have met one time way back when, I played for the Ducks from 86-90, With Bill Musgrave, Derek Loville, & Terry Obbee. We were the first back to back bowl teams in school history (Independence Bowl 89 & Freedom Bowl 90) Now 20 years later look where they are...Going to the "Big Dance"...I'm so proud...Although I do not like how the Ducks have been struggling in the first half's of the last 4 games...They gotta fix that before they play Auburn.

Anyway if you were into magic back then (88-91) we may have met at one of the magic club meetings at the Eugene Water and Power building or through Chuck Chazpro. I met Chuck who had just opened his shop just off campus during my Jr year, he also introduced me to Jerry Andrus (RIP). Jerry and I were friends up til the day he died. Chuck and Jerry were very instrumental in getting back into magic. Before I came to Oregon I was working at Hollywood Magic in Costa Mesa and was also a Junior Magician at the Magic Castle. But once I got to The O and started playing football, chasing women, drinking beer, and occasionally going to class. I kinda put magic on hold , it was hard to keep practicing when my fingers and hands were busted up from football. Then I met Chuck at his shop and he introduced me to Jerry and to Professor Ray Harkey (David Harkey's father)who taught psychology at Oregon and who was also an amazing magician/mentalist and one of the best professors I ever had. Because of him I got my 2 major in psychology. And the rest is history...

Well it's good to know there's at least one other Duck fan here, We'll have to hook up next season or maybe in the spring time, We have an alumni golf torney every year right before the spring game I'm usually in town for a full week then, I also try to catch at least 2 home games during the season, This year I was up for the Portland St slaughter(That game sure did not help our rankings) And I also went to the Stanford and Washington games.

Here is a clip from when I was playing maybe you remember the game against Washington at Autzen in 88, I'm #57 the pulling guard...this was the game winning TD on 4ht and goal with 45 seconds left to play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpxje_iEjW4

If you are ever down in the LA or Orange County area please let me know, I can take you the the Magic Castle or show you around town if you like...

Cheers and Happy Holidays,

Rick "RJ" Hunt
U of O Class of 91
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Loved Jerry, love Chuck....
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Hey RJ, odds are we may have met at one time or another. On occasion I would make it to a few club meetings at the EWEB building. I spent a lot of time at Chuck and Barbara's Chazpro shops. First when it was out on River Road, then later on when he was down on 13th by the University.
So you played for Rich Brooks, right ? How many bowl games did you get to play in ? When I first started going to the Duck games they were lucky to win 2 games a year. If it were not for Rich Brook's recruiting players like yourself and all the others back then, Oregon would not be in the position they are today.
On a side note my brothers band played at an awards party for Mike Bellotti a few years back. I guess Mike had a few glasses of wine, then asked if he could sing a song with the band. They had him come up and he belted out a great version of Mustang Sally !
Take care and I hope to meet up with you one day.
Bob.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I forgot one other person that helped make Oregon the great team it is today,
our owner Phil Knight !!
Bob.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Barbara loves me....
ugdini13
View Profile
Loyal user
Chino,Ca
259 Posts

Profile of ugdini13
Oregon/Auburn is going to be a great match-up. Finesse vs Power, Cam Newton is a $tud but hopeful Oregon's D can step it up. I have been to Eugene a few times to visit friend who went to UO, the stadium is a great place to watch a game. I guess there is some bar in Huntington Beach that is a Duck bar he now goes to.

Since CSUF has no football team anymore, I am a die hard Notre Dame fan, I am excited to see them play Miami.

Kelly
"Perfection is in the details, but detail is no Perfection"-Dai Vernon
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
Absolutely a Ducks fan. I can't wait to see what they do against Auburn. GO DUCKS!
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Auburn Auburn that's my team! Grab them ducks and pluck 'em clean!
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
MagicSanta - May the couch guy return to your humble abode along with the fleas of 1,000 camels.
Bob.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That ain't right....in ten days he will have been gone a year! In three months it will be a year since I took his dog and told him to go get the sheriff if he didn't like it.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Your right, that's a bit to harsh. It sounded like one heck of an ordeal you went through with that guy. Let's just stick with the fleas.
Bob.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No fleas! High desert, they can't survive here!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Go TCU Horned Frogs! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What does TCU stand for? I looked up every dang article and not one mentioned what TCU was other than they are called TCU. The dang things are called Horned Toads! Get it right hippies.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I thought this was about food... Well... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Andrew Morse
View Profile
Regular user
Corvallis, OR
157 Posts

Profile of Andrew Morse
I go to Oregon State and therefore was hoping to see the Ducks lose in the Civil War which was got to attend. Smile

Reluctantly I will wish the Ducks good luck in the National Championship.

Best,

Andrew
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Well, for others who might not know, it stands for Texas Christian University.

I got a scholarship in Theatre to go there, but I was worried - with it being Texas *Christian* University (which I wasn't at the time) I thought the girls would all be prim and proper, etc... My first theatre class we had to break up into groups and begin work on a project. During the discussion, a girl let out a string of vulgarities that would have made a sailor blush. I thought to myself, "Hey, this might not be such a bad place after all." !
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
I'm going through college football withdraws...and it's only been one week...Can't believe I have to wait almost a month for the Oregon/Auburn game...But you can bet your a** I'll be in Glendale, AZ...Got my tickets yesterday...GO DUCKS!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any Oregon Duck fans here??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL