The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mr. David Roth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Sounds (HA!) like I need to pick that book up in order to learn this tuning fork routine. It's a beauty!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
The Funnel..great...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
David Roth is the one that got me into Coin Magic. To this day I can just watch him perform over and over again.Even though I now now the how to's I still get that feeling of magic when I watch him.
The routines I like the most are Portable Hole, Mini Table, Out with 4 & 5. But, really anything of his is great.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Ken Abbott
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Ken Abbott
I use David's shelled coins across routine every day. His Okito box routines are pure magic. But, I think people are really missing something if you do not try his Rubber Coin routine. Several magical moments that keep you one step ahead of the audience at all times, with a killer ending.
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
I like his coin in bottle and coin in globe. The bottle one the label is found to be on the inside of the bottle so it is turned inside out and the globe is the mini world (globe) and you can guess where the coin ends up....
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
The stuff not found on the Expert Coin Magic DVD's or in the book can be found on his Live In Philadelphia Lecture and Live In London Lecture...this is where you will find the "rest of the best" of David Roth...Stand-Up Wild Coins, Sawa's Bank Night, Coin In Bottle (THE BEST EVER), Tuning Fork and some others...
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD's contain much material not found on his earlier DVD's, as well as classic routines from the older sets. His Secret, a versatile and practical system for stand up workers, held back for over 15 years and released for the first time on volume 11, was the hit of his recent European tour, and killed the guys at the European Coin Symposium!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2010-12-07 02:42, Sleightly_Dangerous wrote:
The stuff not found on the Expert Coin Magic DVD's or in the book can be found on his Live In Philadelphia Lecture and Live In London Lecture...this is where you will find the "rest of the best" of David Roth...Stand-Up Wild Coins, Sawa's Bank Night, Coin In Bottle (THE BEST EVER), Tuning Fork and some others...

Are those DVDs that were released?
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks everyone for all the replies. The NYCS vol 11 sounds very interesting. That's got to be an instant buy for me as stand up is more my thing. One last thing, is Portable Hole on DVD anywhere?

Thanks and kind regards
Sean
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Yes ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

The Portable hole is on the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD vol. 6
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks Dr Rubinstein. I think it's time I delved into the NYCM DVDs. 1, 6 and 11 sound good for me.

Sean
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Michael also has a routine in Vol 8 that you don't want to miss
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Etienne, which routine is that? I already got 11 and 6 on order? Trouble is they all sound so good! Don't know why I didn't check these out earlier. I have most of Dr Rubinstein and Mr Roths older releases. After seeing a couple of Mike Gallos routines, I'm really looking forward to learning some stuff from him too. Didn't realise he was so good!

Kind regards
Sean
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Gallo is the best!! Not just with coins, but with cards and other closeup. My son saw him do his signature ball in vase, and he promptly told me that it was better than the coins through the table that I have fooled him with since he was a little boy (damn kids!!). He has soo much good stuff on our DVD series, that I can't even begin to name them. However, some of his classics that have appeared are his pocket counterfiter (don't leave home without it!), his coins through the table kicker, his instantaneus purse and glass (with no purse and glass),instantaneous coins across, his gadabout coins, cylinder and coins (Roth said his vanish sequence was the best he had ever seen), as well as his novel presentation about his childhood memories, his dollar to halves to quarters, and his Gallo ring routine on our newest set of DVD's. Volume 8 has some great material, including my version of nest of boxes, Roth's Blank coin routine, Gallo's aforementioned Gadabout coins and Childhood memories, plus so much more - introducing Stealth Palm, rare footage of Latta, stuff by Al Schneider and Vic Trabucco, workshop discussions,and so much more!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Well I guess that number 8 has just gone to the top of the list. Can't wait to see the stuff mentioned. Especially the nest of boxes, cylinder and coins and gadabout coins. Trouble is, I've just seen what's on volume 1, the coins across DVD, and that's a must have too. A whole volume dedicated to my favourite routines. Brilliant, brilliant work. I have so much stuff in my library but these just flew right past me. I've been watching the promos and I'm really looking forward to seeing and learning some great new routines. I've never seen Mr Latta perform either so that will be a real treat! Great thing is I have 10 days off work this xmas, so lots of free time for coin magic!

kind regards
Sean
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
As you all know, I don't very much like the word "best", but I agree that Mike Gallo is darn good and among my preferred performers. He is creative and kept raising the level of his family saga: very impressive magician.
I bow in front of few magicians: Mike Gallo is definitely one of them, for a long time now, and I'm in a long line with other knowledgeable performers.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
I agree. Love his coin box work.
He has a very disarming manner, just before he goes in for the kill.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

I have been privileged to work with both David and Mike, and am constantly amazed by the vast array of quality material they continually develop and perform. David is now known in Europe simpley as the Maestro, and his years of amazing coin magic has justly earned him that title.
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
113 Posts

Profile of atinczor
I have all the 13 NYCMS DVDs and I cannot recommend them enough. The residents (Roth, Gallo, Rubinstein, Latta) have material in this series that were never published before. There are also other famous guest performers in these DVDs with great routines.
These DVDs will keep me busy for years to come.
I am really grateful for the NYCMS guys for putting out such a treasure in the market. Waiting for the upcoming releases.

Best,

Atinc ZOR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mr. David Roth (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL