The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FULL 52 Presents GATHERING by Jamie Daws (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1646 Posts

Profile of JamieD
In 2008 I published a PDF that sailed around the world. I'm very fortunate that GATHERING recieved a rave review in MAGIC Magazine by Mr Peter Duffie and the forums exploded. Well, I'm very pleased to announce the release of GATHERING The DVD and Download as well as an awesome colour changing deck as a bonus!

The Gathering - Link a borrowed finger ring onto a signed playing card!

Jamie was made a lot of offers from some very 'big name' magic producers all desperate to get their hands on The Gathering. I'm absolutely delighted that he chose to release this astonishing effect with Full 52 Productions - this is a STUNNER!

Your spectator chooses a playing card. You hand them a marker and have them sign their name right across it. You take out a hole punch and make two holes in one end of the card. You then borrow their finger ring and IMPOSSIBLY LINK THE RING THROUGH THE TWO PUNCHED HOLES!

YOU THEN HAND THEM THE CARD WITH THEIR RING STILL LINKED ONTO IT! IT IS REALLY ON THERE - IT'S JUST IMPOSSIBLE BUT THEIR OWN FINGER RING REALLY IS LINKED ON TO THEIR SIGNED CARD!
You finish by giving them back the ring in the only way you can - by tearing it back off the card which they may now keep as a souvenir.
PRE.

amie and Dave will walk you step by step through the process of prepping the card and then through every step of the handling - Jamie's 'through the top' penetration technique is what makes this effect really fly and all the handling details are thoroughly explained.
FREE BONUS EFFECT!

The Gathering also includes Jamie's incredible colour changing deck effect. A card is chosen from a blue backed deck. Suddenly - the back changes to red! So, you give a rub and change the rest of the deck red to match - problem solved! But wait - now the selection is blue again! Hang on - NOW THE ENTIRE DECK IS BLANK - BACK AND FRONT - EXCEPT FOR THE SELECTION!

DVD AND DOWNLOAD NOW AT: http://full52.com/gathering.htm

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1646 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I am very humbled by the review that Craig Petty and David Penn gave in this weeks Wizard Product Review! They very kindly awarded GatheRing, 'The Worker of the Week!'

Check out the review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJWzxADghY

For more info on the DVD or to order: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/GatheRing.html

Thank you once again to The Wizard Product Review for there amazing review!

Jamie Daws
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Hi Jamie,

Is there anything different on the DVD than what was in the PDF?

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2294 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am also curious about Ron's question
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10494 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Craig & Dave loved it this week - worker of the week - 97% - holy @!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or4cHfFeW_4

One of their strongest endorsements I have ever seen. Congrats Jamie.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10494 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I just ordered it - are there any moves in terms of the "riffling" through the cards portion?

Just curious as to the difficulty level as Craig & Dave really didn't elaborate on the difficulty of moves required.

Thanks - looks great and look forward to getting the DVD!

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I am also curious if there is anything else to add from the dvd compared to the pdf!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Congrats, Jamie. This is awesome. WOW!!!!

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
I never saw the original PDF guys so. Cannot comment on that but I do know it's a great trick.

Since recording the show I've used it in a couple of residencies and it has gone great. Some people have commented to me about needing a certain thickness of ring. This is true but I have never found a problem with this and if no body has the ring in question go into ring leader by Greg Wilson.

Well done Jamie, great stuff!

Craig
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1646 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey guys! Firstly, thanks Craig for the stunning review. It was incredibly humbling. Being a fan of the Wizard Product Review, I am privileged to have an effect on there!

To answer the question about the PDF: Through working it at a residency as well as at Weddings and some social events, I've had the opportunity to work this and find the best possible way to create confidence with the magician. I've made one minor development to the gimmick but I believe it's a vital change. Those who have performed the original GatheRing will most probably slap me for not noticing it from the onset. The only other change from the PDF to DVD is the bonus ColouRing which is a cool colour changing deck routine.

When I released the original PDF Three years ago now, the main criticism I got was that people wanted to know the ins and outs of how to make the cards. Many wished it was on DVD and therefore, I decided that if it would help people learn the effect, then DVD would be the way to go!

We had an absolute blast filming it and I sincerely hope you enjoy it!

Jamie Daws
Jonathan C
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Jonathan C
I saw someone doing this live at the weekend, great effect!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3625 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have the pdf and the new videos. I was one of the people that wanted to see this on video (both performance and explanation) before I would be comfortable. So I'm glad I got the new video. I bought the digital download from Full52 for around $15. Same info that is on the dvd.
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
In the site it say that the pdf its NOT any different from the dvd
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2633 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I did see mention of this in Craig's post. But a lot of rings I see being worn are wider than a hole punch.
It would seem this would be an issue.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1646 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey Trixy. There is no comparison between the PDF and the DVD on the site chap.

Tom G, We go into what else you can use. I too have come up against that problem before. In those cases, there is usually something else about the works well. If I'm in a bar, a Drinking Can Ring Pull works well. Another thing I like to do is ask for their keys. Most people have a sentimental keyring on their keys. I tend to take the desired keyring on and link that to the card. It means you can work in a really nice patter!

Jamie Daws
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 11:37, JamieD wrote:
Hey Trixy. There is no comparison between the PDF and the DVD on the site chap.

Tom G, We go into what else you can use. I too have come up against that problem before. In those cases, there is usually something else about the works well. If I'm in a bar, a Drinking Can Ring Pull works well. Another thing I like to do is ask for their keys. Most people have a sentimental keyring on their keys. I tend to take the desired keyring on and link that to the card. It means you can work in a really nice patter!

Jamie Daws

Great idea,

I can do key master (cheap plug!!!) and then borrow their keyfob and go into Gathering!

Craig
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
585 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Could you GatheRing with a business card?

thanks, Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1646 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Thanks Craig! It would work awesome with KEYMASTER from WORLD MAGIC STORE: http://www.worldmagicstore.com/keymaster......6h9na8j2 (My plugs are way more subtle then yours man! XD)

Doug: There is a way you can do it with business cards. I have had a stack of them made up in the past. It will take some sleight design work as you'll notice from the GatheRing method but it's doable. You will also need to find a particular style of card. I found that plastic coated business cards work best.

Jamie Daws
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1646 Posts

Profile of JamieD
A quick note. Due to the startling amount of emails I have had about the original PDF, I'm now offering the DVD with a FREE copy of the original PDF. As soon as your payment is received, you will be sent a link to the original PDF. If you have brought the DVD and would like a copy of the PDF, send a message to: pdf@jamiedaws.co.uk with your confirmation email and with the answer to this question:

On the small copyright print on the back of the DVD, What does it say you mum wont be and what does it say will happen to your home?

I have also had many questions about getting the preferred *thing* needed to make the gimmick. It is hard to get the preferred one in the UK so I have tracked some down and will have a small handful of them on my website next week. When they're gone, they'll be gone and I'm not sure when Ill be getting a new batch in. One of them will last you a lifetime of doing GatheRing. So keep an eye out for them Smile

Jamie Daws
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1113 Posts

Profile of caigy
I use 'KEYMASTER' from WORLD MAGIC STORE: http://www.worldmagicstore.com/keymaster......6h9na8j2
and absolutely love it.
I am about to order 'GATHERING' anyway but instead of usind a ring, would it be possible to link the carabiner key ring which I use, to the hole-punched card?
Many thanks.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FULL 52 Presents GATHERING by Jamie Daws (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL