The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I.B.M. Youth » » Youth School Magic Club (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiciscool
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magiciscool
I have started a new magic club at my school. I was wondering if you had any ideas on how to keep it interesting and entertaining? I do have a great knowlegde of the art from experiece of building and performing my own stage illusions. In the club we teach secrects, work on performances, and learn the history of the art.
Please let me know your ideas!
Magiciscool
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Congratulations on the new club. I hope it proves fun and rewarding.

I would recommend working towards a specific goal each school year and focusing your meeting's lessons on that goal. For example, our Magic Youth chapter is focusing each meeting on building full stage illusions and learning stage presence, stagecraft and presentation. The goal is to produce a full stage benefit magic show next November for Toys for Tots.

Choose a cause or charity within your school that could benefit from a showcase performance. Enlist your school's drama, speech and/or dance teachers as advisers in order to draw the full benefit from your school's resources. Your school's wood shop may be willing to help with props and stagecraft, too.

We keep our meetings light and fun. Business is kept to five minutes. We do a ten minute segment on ethics, a ten minute segment on history, then we move into theory and hands-on skills for the chosen effect(s) of the day. We learn a new close-up skill then move into the illusions. Everyone takes the new close-up skill home to practice. Next meeting we start with everyone showing the close-up skill they learned at the last meeting and applying it to a new effect they researched or created.

Let us know if we can help.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I.B.M. Youth » » Youth School Magic Club (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL