The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop cup that will fit a full-sized lemon? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
I'm tired of using limes and mini lemons. I want to use a full sized, big lemon. Of all the chop cups I've ordered, they all have been extremely small, no matter what the picture looked like.

Can someone point me to the larger version.

thanks!
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
I've been able to fit a lemon in a Morrissey chop cup.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Yeah, I agree, Morrisey cups are the best for chop cup.

helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Another suggestion is to take your chop cup with you and find a lemon that will fit. It isn't hard to find one that will fit. That is unless all the chop cups you have are mini chop cups then you may have a problem. Why is this in the card forum anyway?
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
The full size Don Alan chop cups at RNT2 will take a full size baseball, so I'm sure they could handle any lemon would find. There are a variety of finishes and great prices for professional cups.

http://www.rnt2.com/index.php?target=pro......id=29834
Magic is where you find it.....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-12-06 17:31, helder wrote:
Yeah, I agree, Morrisey cups are the best for chop cup.

helder

Really? How many chop cups have you compared?

I'll admit that I don't really know much about chop cups. I only have about 329 of them, not counting the ones that are also combo cups. I don't think I would say that the Morrissey cups were the best, although they are good for the money.

If you want to use a large lemon, get a big chop cup -- the Don Alan chop cup from RnT II would be the first I would consider. The very large Ickle Pickle chop cup is also good, and so is the Tim Star chop cup -- the one with the bell mouth.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
I second that on the Ickle Pickle Cup...It's a great cup for the price, in fact it's probably the best cup for the price. The outside may not look the best (brushed finish) But it works like a dream and is very clean looking over all...It has a nice wide mouth with a "squatty" stance...it will not only take large lemons but will also handle a medium sized orange. I got mine over 20 years ago it's doing the job...

Happy hunting and Happy Holidays...

RJ
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I wonder how many guys realize that super large final loads are a pain. Bulging pockets, near impossible to avoid flashing. Strange looking hand trying to palm 'em.

I hate to refer to an old story, but.

Ricky Jay and I went to London to visit Pat Page, Ken Brooke, and others.... Ricky was telling Ken how great the Paul Fox cups was because the big load ball looked bigger than the cup when placed atop one (on the table mouth down).

Ken said, "Size doesn't matter... it's the CHANGE."

He grabbed a set of cups, closed the shop and we headed for the Dog and Duck pub. On the way he stopped at the street market and bought three of the SMALLEST lemons he could find.

Into the pub and he spotted a table with about six people, went over introduced himself and did the cups and balls, and when he finished with the final loads, the small lemons, the spectators ROARD! He turned to us and said, "See, size doesn't matter it's the CHANGE.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Michael Ammar sells fake lemons and limes. They look very realistic even close up. He had them made toit a regular sized cup. I use them with an inexpensive aluminum chop cup.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, Michael Ammar had two different sizes of fake fruit made. He had a large size set that fits a standard cup (whatever THAT is) and a smaller size to fit the Encore/Michael Ammar cups. Both styles of fruit look realistic.

However, if the spectators handle the fruit, then they will know pretty much right off the bat that they aren't real fruit. Not that you should allow the spectators to handle the props, but this is a risk you run strolling.

I have found that the three billiard ball load I use is perfect for my own work. It's a very strong contrast to the standard crochet balls, and the billiard balls make a lot of noise when I want them to.

It takes some work to manage them, but if you want to do something that's exciting, you learn how to make it happen.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Any tips or resources on that, Bill? I've ordered some load balls that will take some management to keep from talking, so I'm not sure if it's just plenty of practice or if there's a certain technique to make it happen.
I know it's possible - I've been working a lot on a three coin routine, and I'm not using soft coins. I've just rehearsed non stop to get to the point where I can finesse the coins in such a way that there's no noise.
Not that there would be noise...since the coins are disappearing magically.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Thanks for another enjoyable story, Pete. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
FWIW I always think that (aesthetically) wooden cups look best with lemons and limes rather than metal.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The Ickle Pickle cup to get is called the Widemouth. If anything can hold a large lemon, it's that one.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-12-07 08:13, Andrewzuber wrote:
Any tips or resources on that, Bill? I've ordered some load balls that will take some management to keep from talking, so I'm not sure if it's just plenty of practice or if there's a certain technique to make it happen.
I know it's possible - I've been working a lot on a three coin routine, and I'm not using soft coins. I've just rehearsed non stop to get to the point where I can finesse the coins in such a way that there's no noise.
Not that there would be noise...since the coins are disappearing magically.

For me, the secret is in the cup. I use a leather cup. This dispels any potential problem with the possible workings of the cup and it allows the loads to be silent.

The rest of it is load management.

I'll PM you with some info.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Thanks Bill!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
PM'ed you. Once you get the setup I described, I can tell you more about how it works.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Doug is right.
There is a huge convenience to being able to hit the grocery store on the way to a gig and just pick up a lemon or two and not have to worry if it's "too big".
I use the Don Alan Full Size Chop Cup for the obvious reasons, and for that very same convenience I mention - it swallows a lot.
Pete is right too!: It's not about the size, it's about the change.
The bigger cup just makes for more convenience (for me).
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
When and IF a chop cup is to be used, my final loads are two billiard balls, a cue and an 8.... with a leather cup.

HOWEVER... I more often to a bowl routine with the plumbers helper and sponge balls with a large metal nut load.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Pete and I went down the same road. I wasn't aware of Pete's routine when I worked mine out.

The plumber's helper is a really funny routine. BTW, for those of you who are interested in maintaining a nice color scheme, I have seen the special "bowls" in nice pastel colors, including blue.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop cup that will fit a full-sized lemon? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL