The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gift - Psychokinetic effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Hello fellow Magi,
I have currently been working on a feature film about magic http://www.magic-the-movie.com and have recently gone live on my magic creation site http://www.aftershockmagic.com

I am gearing up toward the release of my new effect "The Gift".

It will be self released and available for pre-order around Christmas if not before. I love to take methods and ideas and delve into other things you can do with them. I did this by taking the method behind SPIN to the extremes it could be pushed to and I believe I did the same outside the box thinking with Power Word: Fall.

The Gift is what I would call the descendant of the former two tricks, a different method than the previous two that lets you do some things that each of the above tricks do but much more as well. It is more dependable, and easier to do.

It has no moments you may "get caught" preparing, no weather hindrances, and very minimal setup that, once done, is good to go until you are ready to stop blowing people's minds. No hands need to be by the object, but can be if you want to. Your hands and arms start and end clean. You can move so many things, even big things like samurai swords and fire pokers. I do this all the time as it is my go to effect for psychokinetic magic.

It is going to be used in the movie "Magic" and I wanted to start out a thread where you could ask any questions you may have. Without exposing the method and such, I will try to answer your questions. Stay tuned as I will be releasing several more illusions in the next year.

Best wishes, Matt Sconce
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Would you say this has good reset for table hopping?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I'm interested.

I liked Powerword Fall

Had no luck with Spin

Steve
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 04:48, Blindside785 wrote:
Would you say this has good reset for table hopping?

There is no reset. Once you are setup, you can perform all day. You can do the tricks again and again and again. Smile

Quote:
On 2010-12-08 04:50, steveline wrote:
I'm interested.

I liked Powerword Fall

Had no luck with Spin

Steve

This is like a lovechild of the two. Easier to do than PWF and more powerful than SPIN without any of the potential variables that may make SPIN difficult. You can also move many more things with this than you can with SPIN.
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
I'm excited to see another product from you.

Thanks! I am super stoked to release this as I love it!

Quote:
How impromptu is this?

Once you are setup, you can perform at any time.

Quote:
Is the crystal ball necessary?

Nope, it just looks cool and is a nice frictionless surface.

Quote:
It appears to be more powerful than spin, due to how large the items get and completely different method, due to the items you're using.

It is MUCH more powerful than SPIN.

Quote:
How's the set up for this?

A couple things must be created after watching the DVD (It is easy and takes no time, so do not fret). After that, the setup takes under a minute and you are good to go all day or night.

Quote:
Time restraints?

Nope. Once setup, perform whenever wherever in any weather, indoor outdoor, day or night.

Quote:
Clothing restraints?

It is recommended you wear clothes Smile You could perform this with your sleeves rolled up or down or in a short sleeve shirt. You could also perform this shirtless. No clothing alterations will be necessary.

Quote:
how accessible are the needed materials? do they come with the dvd or can they be found at home or at easily at stores? I live in Germany so things are a bit harder to come by.

The accessible materials are common at the store and the pricey ones come with the full package. You will not need to replace them, as they are never "used up". If you want more of them for other reasons, they are available online at a link that is provided with purchase.

Best wishes! Matt Sconce
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
This looks great Matt! I'll definitely be looking forward to this and to seeing that movie! I've always wanted to be an actor, only to be torn away by magic, and alas! A magic movie! Haha, I wish you the best with both these projects. I'll probably be getting this very soon to add to my new show.

This can be done with one set up before I arrive at the party, show up and hop from table to table with setup in between or no setup between performances at all? If so is it a setup I can do whilst in front of my audience or will I have to use the little boys room before every performance and tell them I was born with an unusually small bladder.

This thing looks good enough for me to demean myself into having an undersized bladder, so let me know before I start faking the medical documents...

Haha! You setup once before arrival at the table hopping gig or show, and then perform until you are done. You will not have to escape to reset between tables. There is no reset. Best wishes and put the medical documents away! Smile -Matt
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Enough with wetting my appetite Matt! How much will it cost? Will it be available as a download in time for Christmas?
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 13:57, MagicBrent wrote:
Enough with wetting my appetite Matt! How much will it cost? Will it be available as a download in time for Christmas?

It will be two prices. The DVD (24.95) and the DVD with gimmicks (95.00). The gimmicks are a little pricey but will not have to be replaced as they are a one time purchase. The DVD only option is for magicians that may have what they need or want to buy the gimmicks later from the provided sites themselves when they can afford it (when it is released, they can send me a query about that). I have not decided if I will have a download option. I am leaning toward yes. I will let you know when I figure out when pre-orders will open as soon as I know. Stay tuned and thanks for your excitement! Matt Sconce
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
I want to pre-order NOW!

When it will be available?

Please give us a date!
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I'll do a download Matt. Shipping internationally is just too much trouble and wasted cash.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 18:56, Xiqual wrote:
I'll do a download Matt. Shipping internationally is just too much trouble and wasted cash.
James

Most people will need the gimmicks so shipping will come into play either way most likely, whether you get the download and then order the gimmicks yourself, or the full package of "The Gift". Perhaps people will be able to buy the gimmicks closer to home, but they will most likely either need to be acquired by buying the full package or from an online source. People can send me queries once "The Gift" is ready for release and I will give them a general idea of what they need so they can make the best purchasing decision. The lead of the movie "Magic" (HannaH Eisenmann)will be testing "The Gift" on Saturday when we film the teaser trailer. Best wishes! Matt Sconce
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
I have a pre-order site up for testing. If you want to pre-order now, which will help me test my shopping cart, you will be the first to buy "The Gift". Send me a private message and I will send you the link. Thanks! I only need a few people to do this so first come first serve. I will take the first 4 who PM me. At the moment, downloads are not available, but I will make sure they are when I release. Matt Sconce
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 08:04, MattSconce wrote:
I have a pre-order site up for testing. If you want to pre-order now, which will help me test my shopping cart, you will be the first to buy "The Gift". Send me a private message and I will send you the link. Thanks! I only need a few people to do this so first come first serve. I will take the first 4 who PM me. At the moment, downloads are not available, but I will make sure they are when I release. Matt Sconce

The first 4 people to pre-order will also get the link to the download once it is ready, for no extra cost. It should be available in 1-2 weeks or sooner. I will check back in later as I am going to work on the downloadable version right now.

Matt Sconce
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I want a lead in the movie. Smile

Looking forward to seeing the Teaser.
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 15:26, Decomposed wrote:
I want a lead in the movie. Smile

Looking forward to seeing the Teaser.

Haha Thanks!
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Test complete! Pre-orders open now! Products will ship on or before January 15th. Buyers of the Pre-order will receive links to the download as soon as it is available for FREE. Otherwise the download will be available after the Pre-orders period stops. If you pre-order the DVD, links will be sent immediately to your email telling you where to buy the gimmicks. Best wishes!

The Gift: http://www.aftershockmagic.com
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
The Download should be available in 1-2 days. Best wishes! -Matt Sconce
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Placed my order!

:)
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2010-12-10 09:38, J. Prager wrote:
Placed my order!

:)

Got it! I will let you know when and where you can get the download. Best! -Matt
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
I am currently working on getting the download online. Thank you to those who have pre-ordered so far. As soon as the downloads come available I will send you (The pre-orderers..is that a word? Smile ) the link to them and you could be performing this before it ever releases officially. Thanks again! -Matt Sconce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gift - Psychokinetic effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL