We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Function(9) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
calen.morelli.
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of calen.morelli.
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you guys know about my latest project, Function(9), it is now available for pre-order. Function 9 is a collection of nine effects I have been working on for the past couple of years. These 2 discs contain effects that are practical and hard hitting using everything from playing cards to cell phones, to chewing gum. Each effect is taught in detail covering over 3 hours on the 2 DVD's.

http://papercranemagic.com/f9.htm

Enjoy,
Calen Morelli
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
While I havent seen the finished product yet, the trailer looks sick! Knowing Calen's thinking this will be a must have!

Even though I do have some releases with papercrane, this is a completely unsolicited post and I gain nothing from his sales. With that being said, if you arent familiar with Calen's work, his blog, and his other releases, you may want to take a look and get used to seeing a lot more from Mr. Morelli.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
I definitely will buy it! Your stuff looks awesome!
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
I just saw the demo video and I am definitely impressed with "suspended."

Very excited to hear some reviews and what people think.

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4356 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I've seen suspended a while ago on tinychat/themagicsession...very impressive!
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Calen, I think we all are seeing how much of a HUGE force in magic you are going to be very soon. This looks great!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Having had the opportunity to see some of this performed for me by Calen before it's release I can only say that his methods are original, his thinking is brilliant and his creativity knows no bounds. This is a MUST HAVE product. Calen will open your eyes as to what's possible when creating the impossible!

Max
smurf
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of smurf
HEY all how we doing ! I'm in uk and its late in the morning but had to post this ! couldn't resist it but I downloaded from papercrane calens F9 dvd earlier .Gotta say unbelivable guys ,im a big w houchin & garcia fan ! BUT I do belive theirs a new sheriff in town ! quality of the dvd is good ,explnations are good ,live perfomances good, hints and tips good , sunglasses cool , and the tricks brillant, .To me calens got the balance right on the spot stuff thrown in with some beautifull routines using cards ,bottles, pens ,caps, sunglases,bubblegum,mobiles,paperclips, rubberbands,etc.Some tricks need alittle prep but honestley not much! i.Rountines are explained well, over the shoulder views are used which is always nice and theirs 2-3 live perfomaces for each trick .Iknow some of you might think I'm calens PA , but honestly guys I love on the spot magic ,street magic I wouldnt say I'm good at it !but its a hobby I love and hav loads of lit,and dvds about, and gotta say calens F9 impressed me earlier ! so gonna knuckle down learn the slights and see how things go . cheers
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 15:29, Blindside785 wrote:
I've seen suspended a while ago on tinychat/themagicsession...very impressive!

Which one is suspended?
calen.morelli.
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of calen.morelli.
Suspended is the first effect shown on the demo.

Calen
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Calen, my man, you have raised the level! We gotta get together soon. Definitely picking up your DVD. Guys, I have seen this stuff first hand and it will hurt your brain!
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Any more reviews for this dvd?
I've been training these cards since they were small.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Calen is fast becoming one of the guys who I would NEVER hesitate to buy from. This release is a prime example of why. The effects in this set are absolutely stunning. His eye for detail and for visual magic is ten to non. As per usual with PCP, the production quality is rockin and Calen makes it all the more cooler. If I were in Calens mind for even 10 mins, I'm not sure I would be able to handle what I see. In Calens mind is the future of magic and with that kind of thinking, you'd have to be very careful. The band around phone effect is genius and such a clever method. Likewise is the Suspended band effect. I mean, WOW. That for me was the trick of the DVD. I've always been a fan of band tricks but as of yet, ive never found an effect that I would use for a walk around set that didn't seem a bit bizarre. Never before now have I wanted to confidently bring two small elastic bands into a set and have them rub their eyes. I cant wait to grab that special something and give it a ago.

Those who are still unsure, Subscribe to Calens mind and download the future of magic. These are disks of pure digital delight that will never tire to amaze magician and spectator alike! ROCK ON CALEN!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Bought it, worth it, especially if you did not already buy transit as a separate effect from T11. Not going to go trick by trick, you can watch the trailer and read the descriptions to gut an idea but generally practical stuff. Most is not impromptu (some is) but requiring easy set up or gaffs you make yourself for little expense. Recommended.
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
I wouldn't say most are not impromptu. About 45% of the material is impromptu.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I'll go with 45% but did not check your math
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Just wondering is anything interesting is said during the routines?
Good scripts always make a dvd worthwhile to me.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 08:24, papercrane wrote:
I wouldn't say most are not impromptu. About 45% of the material is impromptu.

Well,you've lost me.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 11:02, Markymark wrote:
Just wondering is anything interesting is said during the routines?
Good scripts always make a dvd worthwhile to me.

Good scripts come from good magicians who use their own good creative mind to come up with a good script of their own. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1935 Posts

Profile of ted french
I think the point is there is a lot of impromptu stuff there but the final verdict will prove tht 100% of the effects are practical.
P3
practice practice perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Function(9) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.65 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL