We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Function(9) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
Quote:
On 2011-02-16 22:38, whiteoakcanyon wrote:
This DVD received an awesome review on the Wizard Product Review. I think they referred to it as one of the best DVDs of the decade. Placed my order this morning.


Although if you take it as starting from 1st Jan 2010, the decade is only a year or so old, and if you take it as starting from 1st Jan 2011, it's only about 6 weeks old, and "best dvd of the last 6 weeks" doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Best dvd of the decade "to date" maybe? (As opposed to best dvd of the decade "today" that is...just teasing.)

None of my ramblings above are to criticise the dvd itself, I don't have it so can't comment.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1611 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-17 03:59, muse wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-16 22:38, whiteoakcanyon wrote:
This DVD received an awesome review on the Wizard Product Review. I think they referred to it as one of the best DVDs of the decade. Placed my order this morning.


Although if you take it as starting from 1st Jan 2010, the decade is only a year or so old, and if you take it as starting from 1st Jan 2011, it's only about 6 weeks old, and "best dvd of the last 6 weeks" doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Best dvd of the decade "to date" maybe? (As opposed to best dvd of the decade "today" that is...just teasing.)

None of my ramblings above are to criticise the dvd itself, I don't have it so can't comment.


Just to clarify Dave and I meant the last ten years not since 2010. It really Is an awesome DVD.
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
And that's fair enough, I respect your opinion. I was seeking to clarify in the interests of full disclosure (either that or just pulling your leg a bit).

Keep on with the reviews, they are always entertaining.
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Okay I'm buying this. I'm sold.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I got this to see what all the hype was about.

Once I watched the dvd and played around with some of his idea's I have to admit that this isn't hyped enough.

Is it the best DVD in the last ten years? I think that one can only make a fair opinion of that only if they have seen every DVD that has come out in the last 10 years. However, I'm pretty sure Craig is stateing his opinion based on all the DVD's he's watched in the last 10 years, and I bet that's a lot of t.v time. (lol)

Craig, if it wasn't for your review of Function, I would of never bought it. Now that I bought it, I'm glad I did. I echo your words.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
Hi all,

I purchased this and think it's a great collection the only problem is I live in Australia and like a lot of tricks I have problems getting the required props. The pen in bottle trick requires a straight sided bottle and I can't find one.
This is a great effect that I could really use but without the right bottle I’m up the creek.

Just wanted to know if anyone in the States would be interested in picking a couple up and sending them to me? (I will pay upfront by PayPal)

If you can help me PM me.
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Quote:
On 2011-03-20 07:51, Shanlip wrote:
Hi all,

I purchased this and think it's a great collection the only problem is I live in Australia and like a lot of tricks I have problems getting the required props. The pen in bottle trick requires a straight sided bottle and I can't find one.
This is a great effect that I could really use but without the right bottle I’m up the creek.

Just wanted to know if anyone in the States would be interested in picking a couple up and sending them to me? (I will pay upfront by PayPal)



If you can help me PM me.


The bottle is called 'Smart Water'
I am sure you can google and pick some up.

Links for the rubber bands are found in officemax above!
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Shikina
I don't own this set but I am intrigued by the impromptu version of TRANSPORT which was linked to at the top of this page.

Can somebody who's had a chance to check out this impromptu handling speak to how satisfying this version is compared to the one that's on the DVD? Does it look identical to the spectator?
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
I have tried online but with no luck, I only found 1 site but they don't ship to OZ.
I think the problem is we have a different company here selling a drink called Smart Water and it isn't the same.

Quote:
On 2011-03-20 12:09, Suux88 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-20 07:51, Shanlip wrote:
Hi all,

I purchased this and think it's a great collection the only problem is I live in Australia and like a lot of tricks I have problems getting the required props. The pen in bottle trick requires a straight sided bottle and I can't find one.
This is a great effect that I could really use but without the right bottle I’m up the creek.

Just wanted to know if anyone in the States would be interested in picking a couple up and sending them to me? (I will pay upfront by PayPal)



If you can help me PM me.


The bottle is called 'Smart Water'
I am sure you can google and pick some up.

Links for the rubber bands are found in officemax above!
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
111 Posts

Profile of atinczor
Just ordered the DVD set. The reviews are too good to be true.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Here's another review for Calen's Function 9 DVD if you're interested: http://www.calebwilesmagic.com/?p=1430

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1284 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
As a mentalist I would normally not have bought this, but thanks to the review boys I did buy it and I'm very happy I did, great material!!!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Anyone getting results with these effects?


Signed... Mr Interested



Paul
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Loaded (card behind shoe) is one of the routines I always perform when I am out. It is really easy to do and gets great reactions! Also loved the other tricks on this DVD. I can't recommend it enough!

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Kevin your awesome man, thanks for your input, much appreciated! Smile
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I never got around to "working" any of these. Think I'll get the DVD set back out and have another view.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
These are some awesome effects! I do VGH a lot. I would say it is my new favorite grasshopper effect. My old favorite was Justin Miller's version, but I think this one is much more powerful because it uses any deck.
KJ
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
For an hour, Function 9 is the Penguin Cool Box deal for 1/2 price AND free world wide shipping!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2368
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Function(9) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL