The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Pewter as cup material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
AndrewJ
View Profile
New user
Travis County, TX
70 Posts

Profile of AndrewJ
My wife and I were big fans of miniature / fantasy gaming until recently. Those figurines, bases, and the like are also made of pewter. My knowledge is going to come from one of the manufacturers, where I have actually seen the figurines being cast in person.

Different manufacturers use different recipes for pewter. Some of them are lead-free. Lead free will probably be softer than a lead-based recipe and will bend more before it breaks. Some recipes include lead, which hold a better shape but are likely to be more brittle. Lead-based recipes may be coming into fashion again due to other ingredients of the alloy becoming less available and more expensive.

In short, some recipes are softer than others. I think the answer to the original question is "both," depending on what actually went into the pewter.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
So I finally finished the Paul Fox Mini Cups and Paul Fox Mini Combo Cups in pewter.
I have not had them polished yet, as I think the satin (brushed) finish looks very nice and modern.
Check them out here:
Paul Fox Mini Cups - Pewter
Paul Fox Mini Combo Cups - Pewter

They are kind of hard to photograph and I only have a couple of pictures up so far, but when I get more Photoshop time, I'll edit more pics.
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Donnie, congratulations, they look wonderful!
Bri
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Donnie : couldn't get the link to work but I'll try again later.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24263 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Those look great!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Really like the look of these cups Donnie.

Any plans for standard sized cups in pewter?
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Pewter as cup material (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL