The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Paul Clive (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hi guys, I've been aware of his Card Tricks Without Skill for many years but I hadn't owned the book until I found a lovely Faber edition whilst working in Edmonton. Its a gem. I wondered if any of you "self workers" were fond of this book as I am? Any comments? Any discussion?
Thank you gentleman , Rodney
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hi,

Recently picked up the same older paperback and having had a quick skim, I am sure plenty of hidden gems. The danger is the write ups are very short and can often reduce the potential impact the effect may have on a layman. For example effect 3 Is the classic. .you do as I do but write up very short.
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
I've had this book for over 20 years, and for a long time I used many of the effects within, in fact I used one from the book just this week, and incredible effect by Paul Rosini "One Little Bird Stayed at Home" effect #101.

I do agree with Andy, the write ups can very short, but this book goes back t a time when you as the performer were expected to provide the presentation and entertainment.......
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Paul Clive (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL