The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So what's the best income tax rate? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20998 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh wait it is those corporations YOU deceide that are evil right? Well I guess when the only tool you have is a hammer (psychology is all you know according to you) then every problem is a nail.

Sorry but companies are not evil. Not as a whole. You may disagree with how they are run on an individual basis. There are many a company that destroy an environment or eco system, have no care for worker saftey, who DO outsource jobs for reasons that are dodgey. I admit that many things taken on an individual basis are for lack of a better word "evil". But to tell me that the whole culture is corrupt is just blind and willful. You have an opinion and you change facts to suit it. Not the best way to find the truth.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Wait! I've got it! We implement a "KMA Tax" on the world! Everyone outside of the US has to pay just 10% of their incomes, personal and business, to the US and we pay nothing. In return we will not extend any financial or military support to any other govt! We let 'em have at it.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 23:02, Dannydoyle wrote:
Sorry but companies are not evil. Not as a whole.


Wow. I've said exactly the same thing how many times now? Already said some do it right. That's exactly what I said.
Remember when I said that there are companies that treat their workers well and "experience increased creativity and efficiency?"
Or the time I defended small business owners?
Do ya' think if you say the same thing I did in a different way that'll make it so I didn't already say it?

and re:
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 23:02, Dannydoyle wrote:
(psychology is all you know according to you)


Since when does knowing something better than other things mean that's the "only" thing?
It means I know more about psychology than I do about economics or geology.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20998 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It means that you CONSTANTLY try to apply things that may or may not apply from your field. Don't take that wrong. It is how we ALL relate to things through association. At times it does not work though.

I also do not accept your premise of a non lib government meaning starving people. You consistantly present false choices and that ruins the whole point. You do it most likely for effect but is still a false choice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
And you consistently twist everything I say to fit your little box that you like to put people in. I have never said that "libs" have the answers. I've said the exact opposite several times. Is this time 3 or 4?

My premise is that corporate outsourcing and fraudulent lending policies are starving people! Add to this that these specific corporations have willfully ignored the impact that these types of decisions have had on other human beings and that THESE ACTIONS are evil.
That's my point. That's it. No matter how much you twist and make *** up, that's all I've ever said and I've said it consistently.

You can make it "libs" vs "conservatives" all you want. Personally, I think they all suck. What's this, the 5th time I've said that?

This is getting repetitive and boring.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Every time you two argue, al-Qaeda and the other terrorists win. And baby Jesus weeps. And two kittens die. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20998 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And I am telling you that some of those "lending policies" are not corporate but GOVERNMENT! I am also saying that government action can CAUSE OUTSOURCING! So it is POSSIBLE that it may not be as simple as saying companies are evil, that the problem might be a bit more dynamic than you let on.

But you would rather lay it at the door of the rich, because all you have to do is tax a guy making more than you think he should and all is right with the world. (You said that a guy making 55 million can sure afford it. Who are YOU to deceide?)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
You know, attorneys just ask the questions. It's the psychologists who say under oath that the killer shouldn't be punished because of his mental disease or defect.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:01, Dannydoyle wrote:
And I am telling you that some of those "lending policies" are not corporate but GOVERNMENT! I am also saying that government action can CAUSE OUTSOURCING! So it is POSSIBLE that it may not be as simple as saying companies are evil, that the problem might be a bit more dynamic than you let on.


So who's responsible when they do it during record profits and Bush era tax cuts for the rich?

[quot]
(You said that a guy making 55 million can sure afford it. Who are YOU to deceide?)
[/quote]

Another twisted truth.
What I SAID was:
"Whose family is going to starve if they don't make 55 billion dollars instead of 45 billion dollars?"
Meaning they didn't HAVE to outsource to feed their families, they did it for no reason but to add to their already full coffers.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:01, Dannydoyle wrote:

You said that a guy making 55 million can sure afford it. Who are YOU to deceide?

Unless I missed a post, you misread what he said (you do seem to do that a lot).

What critter actually said was "Whose family is going to starve if they don't make 55 BILLION dollars instead of 45 BILLION dollars?"

It may not be critter's place to decide that they should pay more in taxes, but it is hard to argue with the validity of his statement.

If a family can't get by on 45 BILLION dollars, something is seriously wrong with their priorities. Indeed, such a family should probably be declared mentally incompetent and be placed under observation.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:06, LobowolfXXX wrote:
You know, attorneys just ask the questions. It's the psychologists who say under oath that the killer shouldn't be punished because of his mental disease or defect.


And it's the attorneys who pay those psychologists.

Psychologists also say under oath when the killer is faking it that they are faking it. Of the less than 5% of cases where sanity is questioned, over 95% of those are found to be malingering (faking it) by the psychologists. So far less than 1% of criminals are found NGRI (Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity.)

After NGRI is declared, the insane criminal will likely spend the rest of their lives in an asylum.

Of the few who are found NGRI, the time they are locked away generally ends up being (I think the number was 30%) LONGER than
it would have been if they had been sent to a prison.

Thanks for the opportunity to clear up those common misconceptions. You're a pal.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:19, critter wrote:

Thanks for the opportunity to clear up those common misconceptions. You're a pal.

Awww. Baby Jesus just wiped a tear away, and cracked a smile. And two kittens lived!
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I have noticed as a general rule that the people most upset about outsourcing jobs to non-Americans are typically the most in favor of allowing non-Americans to "insource" themselves to the USA for better employment opportunities. While (IMO) neither is particularly good for American workers, at least the outsourcing 1) is legal; and 2) doesn't require public subsidies in the form of emergency health care, education, and more for the worker and his/her family.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I personally love the idea of the wealthy getting taxed more. I will say this, I'd hate to be the guy who maked a couple bucks over the cut off point and has to pay a significant higher amount. I did my taxes one year and was one buck into the next bracket and it was only a few bucks but it drove me crazy, I'd hit the roof if it cost me, say, the cost of a new car.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:23, MagicSanta wrote:
I personally love the idea of the wealthy getting taxed more. I will say this, I'd hate to be the guy who maked a couple bucks over the cut off point and has to pay a significant higher amount. I did my taxes one year and was one buck into the next bracket and it was only a few bucks but it drove me crazy, I'd hit the roof if it cost me, say, the cost of a new car.


That's what most people think, but the extra tax proposed was only supposed to be on the amount over 250k, not on the entire income.
(See how I can disagree with Santa and still like him?)

For the record, I am NOT in favor of illegal immigration. I am not against legal immigration, but I am against illegals coming in and demanding the same rights as me without going through the naturalization process and becoming citizens.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:23, MagicSanta wrote:
I personally love the idea of the wealthy getting taxed more. I will say this, I'd hate to be the guy who maked a couple bucks over the cut off point and has to pay a significant higher amount.

It doesn't work that way. I remember Carrie thought the same thing a while back. The different tax rates apply to different bracketed incomes. I believe Lobo will back me up on this (as I recall, he did last time).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:19, critter wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:06, LobowolfXXX wrote:
You know, attorneys just ask the questions. It's the psychologists who say under oath that the killer shouldn't be punished because of his mental disease or defect.


And it's the attorneys who pay those psychologists.

Psychologists also say under oath when the killer is faking it that they are faking it. Of the less than 5% of cases where sanity is questioned, over 95% of those are found to be malingering (faking it) by the psychologists. So far less than 1% of criminals are found NGRI (Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity.)

After NGRI is declared, the insane criminal will likely spend the rest of their lives in an asylum.

Of the few who are found NGRI, the time they are locked away generally ends up being (I think the number was 30%) LONGER than
it would have been if they had been sent to a prison.

Thanks for the opportunity to clear up those common misconceptions. You're a pal.


But the operative question is, of the times when they're faking it, how often is there a psychologist swearing that they're not?

If I had my choice between X time in prison or 1.3X time in a mental hospital, I'd take the hospital.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:29, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:23, MagicSanta wrote:
I personally love the idea of the wealthy getting taxed more. I will say this, I'd hate to be the guy who maked a couple bucks over the cut off point and has to pay a significant higher amount.

It doesn't work that way. I remember Carrie thought the same thing a while back. The different tax rates apply to different bracketed incomes. I believe Lobo will back me up on this (as I recall, he did last time).



I can comment on the tax structure, but I can't comment on what ideas Santa finds appealing. Smile He may be loving the idea of netting less by grossing more, but Balducci speaks the truth...what goes up with certain income levels is the MARGINAL tax rate (i.e. the rate paid on those sums in excess of a certain amount, not on the total amount). So you can't actually "make less by making more."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I said I was a taxophobe, I'm terrified of them, I just sign and do what I'm told. They can do what they want.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 01:27, critter wrote:
For the record, I am NOT in favor of illegal immigration. I am not against legal immigration, but I am against illegals coming in and demanding the same rights as me without going through the naturalization process and becoming citizens.


Since we disagree a lot, let me talk this opportunity to agree with you wholeheartedly.

And FWIW, I wasn't trying to ascribe that position to you; it was just something that the "outsourcing" discussion reminded me of.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So what's the best income tax rate? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL