The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Sinful- soda can trick idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Ok, I have this idea for a gospel message to present when doing the quarter in soda can effect. I am not going to give away the effect or explain how it is done. But if you know it or own the dvd, etc then maybe you can consider this as an optional presentation. In my gospel version, I do use coke as the soda of choice for a couple of important reasons. Anyways, here is my version/presentation...
I have been doing this effect lately and definitely will continue to do so but recently I came up with a gospel presentation that I thought I would share. I know I need to refine and work with it some more but I will lay out what I got so far (I performed it this way last night at a men's mission and it went over very good). So introduce the effect however you wish, you show the can, and ask someone's assistance to sign both sides of a quarter. I remark how coke is my favorite soda, which it is, then I ask the audience if they remember the slogan... "It's the real thing", right?! Now for me I guess it is, since I am a fan of coke but then I say something like Let's try something different for the next couple of minutes, let's say the real thing is God and this coin is us or you (whoever signed the quarter)". Now you want to get to God but you can't because there is a barrier between you and He and your completely sealed off from getting to God (poke the quarter against the can in several places) This barrier that we have is the barrier created by our sin... But thankfully God provided a way by sending His Son here for us. Jesus left heaven (this is where I get in the get ready position to slam in the quarter, then perform that action and display empty hand) then I emphasize by saying He left the right hand of the Father (now I display my empty right hand) then continue by saying He came and died, offering His life to pay for all of our sins and by doing so removed the barrier between us and God (bring quarter to top of can and produce the sound) Just as the coin has mysteriously gotten through the aluminum barrier (open can and begin pouring out the soda in a clear glass or mug until empty) we can now come to God because He has removed the barrier! The signed coin hopefully will remain in the can and can be seen by your spectators by looking up through the opening, you can even pass the can around, whatever. that's basically it and I plan on improving this as I go along and definitely open to any suggestions or comments.
By the way, I love this effect... impromptu and strong and now I have something to work with to use as a means of sharing the message!
Merry Christmas all,

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
161 Posts

Profile of Lash
Wow. Wonderful presentation. Thank you for sharing that with us.
ezequiel
View Profile
New user
Portugal
10 Posts

Profile of ezequiel
It's realy a good presentation of this efect for a gospel message.
keep goiog with the good work

Ezequiel
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
609 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
That's really cool - thanks so much for sharing it!
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Thanks guys and you're welcome!

Glen

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
As usual, very well thought out, my friend.
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Thank you Kif, that means a lot to me coming from you.

GlenD

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Sinful- soda can trick idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL