We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Hidden Surprise (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drewer
View Profile
New user
NoVa
100 Posts

Profile of drewer
In the December 2010 issue, in the article "Guy Hollingworth- The True Story of The Expert at the Card Table", there is a little snippet near the middle of the article showing how they designed the decks. At the end of the snippet is says that in the kings, there is "a little surprise for the sharp-eyed conjurer". It includes a picture of the king but I cannot find that "surprise". Can anyone else? I'm not sure if the designs for a letter or a word.
Thanks, Drew
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
I think one of the Kings is David Blaine.

If there is a more subtle Easter Egg, I would love to know what it is!
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I took a look at it. Look at the palms of the kings. One looks like it has a destiny line while the other looks like it has a life line. You'll know what I'm talking about if you read palms.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-12-16 22:11, EVILDAN wrote:
I took a look at it. Look at the palms of the kings. One looks like it has a destiny line while the other looks like it has a life line. You'll know what I'm talking about if you read palms.

Wow!

That is a subtlety I would never have gleaned.

Amazing...
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
drewer
View Profile
New user
NoVa
100 Posts

Profile of drewer
Thanks for the replies. (Sorry it took so long for me to reply though.) The way the author described it, made it sound pretty obvious. I'll keep looking.
Thanks, Drew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Hidden Surprise (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL