The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Kid set me up. I knocked it down. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
There's one show I do with my wife--an Elf-character Xmas show. She's the high status character, I'm the goof.

Yesterday we did one Elf show, then I high-tailed it down to my second show of the day, a solo show.

Big rowdy family Xmas crowd, so I pulled out some of the elf-material.

One piece involves magically wrapping a gift. But first, several silly paper options. I begin with a plain white 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of printer paper. In the proper Elf show script, my wife sets me up for a little gag when she asks me to bring her WRAPPING paper, and I tell her this Is wrapping paper, and I do a little Xmas 'rap' about Santa. Silly, fun, entertaining.

Well, in the solo show a little 7 year old girl shouted out, "That's WHITE paper!" loud enough for all to hear. I reply, "Sure, it's white, but let's not be too fast to judge, it can still rap!" and launch right into the little rap. One of those moments where the audience thought I was improvising based on the audience and could rock the mic at the same time.

It was a beautiful set up, and one of the many happy accidents from last evening's show.

I wish you all many similar moments of joy in your remaining holiday shows!

Kindly,

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Kid set me up. I knocked it down. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL