The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » NFW advice on storage. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PhatDad
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of PhatDad
Hi,

I have two problems, firstly I have just found the wallet with cards but no instructions. The second issue I have is in storing the 'device' as it's nature means the wallet has a tendency to retain the 'device' leaving the card 'device-less' if you get my drift.

How does everyone else carry theirs without it doing the same?
T_C_Magic
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of T_C_Magic
The first thing I do when I get a packet trick or any trick is scan the instructions and the cards that go with the trick. This is incase I loose the instructions or don't know what kind of cards go with it. Sounds like a lot of work but it only takes a few minutes and save a lot of time if it is something I haven't done in a while and need to go over the effect again. I put a printed copy of the trick in a binder. I don't like reading a trick from the computer. I keep all my packet tricks that I want to perform in a wallet so they stay nice and keeps them seperate from my regular deck of cards. If I not performing the trick I put it away in a heavy brown envelope with the title of the front.
I find that if you stay organized it saves tons of time and keeps you from a lot of fustration hunting for things.

TC
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
As far as keeping the card from becoming "device-less"......a small piece of wax paper will work wonders.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
PhatDad
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of PhatDad
T_C_Magic: I usually have a box that I keep everything in but for some reason I can't find the instructions for this one effect. The kids have a habit of hunting through it though looking for cool stuff so could have been them moving stuff around. Smile

Stanyon: Good idea, thanks for that. I've tried glossy card before trying to make it look like there was a reason for it to be in the wallet but it still stuck to that and made things awkward.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Try using zig 2 way instead of the gimmick. That will make it last longer.

Patrick
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
I have kept the "gimmick" facing against another card in the pack in a wallet for weeks at a time without a problem. It is a very simple matter to replace gimick with new d****e s***d t**e or Scotch restickable g**u
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
I meant g**e stick
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Thanks for the scanning tidbit, TC. That's a great idea and another in a long line that I'm surprised had not occurred to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » NFW advice on storage. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL