The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magi Fest 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Looking forward to another fun weekend in Columbus guys. See you all in a few weeks.
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
See you great people there.
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Quote:
On 2011-01-06 23:42, RichardShure wrote:
To be honest this year's line up did not excite me. So I will be taking a pass on Magi-fest this year for a different convention. I try to do 3 to 4 conventions a year. Usually Magifest is a must attend.

WOW...I have to agree 100% with Eric and the others that Magi-fest should be awesome this year not only with hanging with old friends, making new friends, and the awesome talent. I have shared the stage with many of the performers in the past such as Greg Frewin, Gene Anderson, Boris, Jason Andrews, and Rick Merrill. Plus, I have seen everyone else perform in the past except Asi Wind and Ray Corns. Personaly, I think the talent line-up is awesome this year. The CLOSE-UP GUYS (Boris, Dayl, Rick Merrill, Greg Wilson, and Asi Wind) are some of the best in the WORLD, Frewin (IBM, SAM, and FISM Stage Winner), Jason Andrews (2010 IBM Stage winner), Nels Ross (one of the best jugglers I have evern seen), Chase Cottle (teen with a bright future), and some guy with Rubik's Cube. DON'T MISS IT!!!

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 1:06pm
I just notice I left off Johnny "ACE" Palmer, another FISM winner! Magi-fest show me one of the top conventions this year.
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
I guess I should have been more specific. The line up is impressive, however, I have seen most of these performers and many more than once, so from my perspective I would rather go to a convention with performers I have not seen. If you have not seen these performers..then yes..this will be a great show. I love Gene Anderson, Rick Merrill is amazing and his routine is very funny, Johnny Palmer is very kind and fun, and Daryl...amazing (I would almost come just for him). Those going will have a great time.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Abbott's will be there (Greg Bordner, Hank Moorehouse, and Kenny Miller)
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
esmolko
View Profile
New user
Kent, oh
33 Posts

Profile of esmolko
I can't wait hopefully we all get there safe this is my only vacation this year.
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Quote:
On 2011-01-14 04:25, esmolko wrote:
I can't wait hopefully we all get there safe this is my only vacation this year.

Sounds like you picked a good vacation. I will be performing at Abbott's Get Together in August so that will be part vacation because I usually go to Cedar Point Amusement Park on the way. Hope you enjoy your vacation at Magi-fest.
---

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
Can't wait to see you there Joesph
Okay, I give up what was your card?

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Quote:
On 2011-01-14 15:54, hefemexy wrote:
Can't wait to see you there Joesph

Thanks my friend! Are you going to be in the contest's again? Hope to see your improvements.

Joseph
---

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
Yea, I'll be competing... There aren't too many that you'll see as I won't be bring the illusion for the routine, which makes it and breaks it..lol
Okay, I give up what was your card?

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Does anyone have a handle on what the parking situation is? I understand that there is NO FREE parking. Is this true?
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I heard 20-25 bucks a day. that's a lot for 3 days.
gerryc
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of gerryc
The add clearly states free parking. there will be many disgruntled and ,I anticipate, vocal attendees if this is not the case. 60-75$ extra on a convention is a big deal. the dealers would be the ones who would probably take the biggest hit
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I believe parking is FREE IF you are registered at the hotel. If not, I not 100%, but I'm pretty sure the rate is more like $8 to $10/day.
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I just called the hotel. Its $23 per night, whether you are staying there or not. Ouch.

There may be some lots near-by that would be more affordable. At least I hope so.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Yeah that's way to much. I hope there are other options. I honestly cant afford that.
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
At one point, Magi Fest's web site clearly stated that parking was included. I just e-mailed Jep to see what the truth is. I will post back once I get a reply.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I do remember it saying something like that. I think it said free parking if you were staying at the hotel.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Update: my roommate called the hotel and they said parking was included. So I called back and the lady at the front desk told me again that there was a $23/night fee. However, when I explained that we were staying there with the magi-fest, she clarified her previous statement: parking is free ONLY for registered guests staying there for Magi-fest. Sorry about any confusion, I was just passing on what the hotel had told me.
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I was 1/2 right Smile, However, I believe there is a discounted rate for attendees - I'll check into it. I know a few people associated with the convention Smile
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magi Fest 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL