We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Magician/Mentalist David Alexander passes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I just got the phone call that Magician/Mentalist David Alexander of Arura Ill.died yesterday.It was very sudden.He just dropped in his home and was dead before he reached the hospital.David was healthy so this was a real shock to me.No more details at this time.

David bought the rights to all my DVDs last spring.Not sure yet what might happen to them.

To all of you out here that knew him know what a great guy he was.I'll miss him for sure...

Don
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
Some more information on my friend David Alexander who pdied suddenly yesterday. He will be missed by many.

"David Alexander--magician, author, historian, silhouette artist, and good friend, died in Aurora yesterday. This is a great loss to the magic community, his family, and the many friends he had.
David was apprenticed to Jose Frakson and was the first magician ever hired by the Princess cruise line. He performed in 28 different countries in 7 different languages. He wrote the authorized biography of Gene Rodenberry as well as a definitive work on pickpocketing. His investigation into the history of S.W. Erdnase was a highlight of the Los Angeles Conference on Magical History.
He will be greatly missed.
I will forward information on arrangements when they become available.
Tim Felix"
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
I knew Dave for many years when I ran Stan Allen's magic shop in Los Alamitos, CA. Dave and I spent many afternoons in the shop talking about magic and mentalism. He was a great guy.

Good by Dave,
Brad Burt
silhouette
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of silhouette
New to this group. This is very sad news indeed. I'm not a magician but a silhouette artist based in the UK. I have corresponded intermittently with David over many years about silhouettes. He was very helpful to me in many ways. Does anybody know if someone has created a memorial site at all? There's no mention of this on his website. I would love to be able to send a message to those who knew him but only have David's email address.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Magician/Mentalist David Alexander passes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL