The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Switchblade the amazing(and extremely versatile) new card gimmick from Dan Harlan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Here's some more reviews for those who are thinking of picking this product up.
From Mylovelyassistant.com 5 stars
I'm a fan of Dan Harlan's magic and I love the idea behind this very visual and "to the point" type of effect.

The effect comes in a slim DVD case. You get the gimmick (VERY well made and easy to use), an extra card and a pretty good DVD. It isn't HD or anything but the quality is very good and there are many GREAT routines on it. Dan is a good instructor and takes you step by step through every move (even though there aren't really ANY moves).

Great product, great effects, very visual and certain to get great reactions. What more could you ask for?

Also from the same site

I take things very carefully while adding stuff to my wishlist, trying to get only the best for the kind of magic I do. (30 yrs doing close-up) This is a winner. Dan put real thought into this and the secret gimmick is smart and well-made.
His DVD is also well-done and features several handlings from one that takes about 30 seconds to a more involved "ghost card" routine with several high points. (Stay tuned; Dan put in performances to a large table and a smaller table to give you the idea.) Also, there's some more magic - unexplained - that will blow your mind as it did the audience outside a bar.
Bottom line: It's a good well-made prop. You'll find bunches of other uses for it in your own routines. Good one, Dan!
Lary Crews
Reality Bender
http://www.laryrealitybender.com
P3
practice practice perform.
Dr Eschaton
View Profile
New user
U.K.
14 Posts

Profile of Dr Eschaton
I know it's an old thread but wanted to support the creator and keep it alive! This is one of my favourite gimmicks. I bought this over a year ago and original gimmick still going strong after heavy use... Dvd was full of useful tips and strong routines. Like your style Mr Harlan!

All the best,

Colin
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On 2013-02-13 11:22, Dr Eschaton wrote:
I know it's an old thread but wanted to support the creator and keep it alive! This is one of my favourite gimmicks. I bought this over a year ago and original gimmick still going strong after heavy use... Dvd was full of useful tips and strong routines. Like your style Mr Harlan!

All the best,

Colin

I can 2nd this.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I am very happy I was able to pick up Switchblade before they are all gone and no longer produced. While the gimmick may be the same, The DVD is the difference and Dan is one of the most creative minds and a great teacher.
KJ
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Ordered mine today from Penguin. Oddly, I hadn't heard of this before. Looks nice!

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Switchblade the amazing(and extremely versatile) new card gimmick from Dan Harlan (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL