The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » looking for a very cheap give-away. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Any ideas on a trick I can print off the PC and use as a give-away?

I was thinking along the lines of the linking paperclips.

What about any other paper magic?

I am looking to give something away by the thousands, so I would like it to be cheap.

What do you guys do?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
DRPEPPER
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of DRPEPPER
i get all magic giveaway at us toy company good cheap giveaway i think they stores all over county.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I get allot from them also but I was looking for things I could make up or paper trick I could print out.
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Flourish dude:

What about the Ed Harris giant buck? It's a jumbo dollar with four or five tricks explained on the back. It comes camera-ready, so you can have thousands printed up cheaply. Also, you can use it for the linking paper-clips.

I don't think you can get them directly from him anymore (I heard he's very sick) but someone here surely can help you out.

Ron Reid
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Yes, I have the whole collection on CD from Eric Paul. He is now selling them http://www.epmagic.com

I was looking for a single trick that I could do with the paper. The Big buck is great but you have to get stuff from home or what ever.

It does not have to be with paper. It could be with a penny or a rubber band, Any common cheap thing.

Let me see. I want something like the paper clips, I can make a ton of these and give them away (the price is perfect)

Two card Monte..Too much for the amount that I am looking to give away. This is fine for a birthday or restaurants, but not for a event where there are 2000 plus people.

Bead on rubber band also another good one.

Then bent penny would also be good but I don't want to go public with this trick. I use it too much!

Coin thru the hole in the paper, This would be good. I can give away a penny with each one.

The color disk prediction would be good I can spray paint or put the color round stickers on the pennies and teach the magician force. It would cost .04 plus the instructions page.

Get the idea of what I am looking for?

What about something with a popsickel stick?
www.magicalmemories.us
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The old-octagon-compass-arrow-thingy (that's the technical name for it)

Also, you can print up a single card that LOOK like a spread of five cards and do the "put a paperclip on the joker" effect.

They don't even need a paperclip. you can just ask them to pinch the joker. There is even a way that you can pinch the correct card using a roll over move.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
good luck to you, flourish-dude.
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
How about your own version of the Magicians Insurance? You can print them with your own advertising and a variety of cards so you can repeat.

Aren't PC's wonderful?

Neale Bacon

p.s. I saw this on John Tremaines close up tape. He signs it and gives it away at the end. Smile
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
HI FLOURISH DUDE - IVE BEEN OUT OF IT FOR A WHILE.
BEEN GETTING MY ACT TOGETHER AS THEY SAY!
Either way - i once mentioned this somewhere else - there are plenty of optical illusions you. I made up a word page with 12 of the one where you have an old womens face and when you turn it upside down she changes into a young pretty woman. I added my name and number to each picture and then printed them out by the dozen. Got the pages laminated and cut to equal size and hand them out all the time. People love it because it is easy for them to do and show to others and at the same time gets my name about.
I will try to get back regularly but find it hard during the summer busy months.
Take care.
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
I make my own wands from dowel and a spot of paint. Cheap and Easy to make but a lot of effort (time).
I also have my own Colouring Book, ithas a few stories, some magical pictures to colour in and the usual advertising.
Th kids love it.
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
I give out those little Fortune Telling Fish thingas. You can buy them by the gross from just about anywhere. I found them at the oriental trading company. They have a website but I don't know where right now.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I really like the insurance idea! Have you done this?
Also danryb I di have a few puzzle cards. they do work well. These are the exact ideas I was looking for
www.magicalmemories.us
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Yes I have done it! I made up the front on a brochure printing program, and then just had the card as the whole back side.

It is printed on 8 1/2 x 11 paper and doesn'y unfold to poster size, it just has the "look" of a policy and some of the jokes under conditions (audience and magician must both be dealing with a full deck.

Try it. Smile
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I use a magic fun sheet which I designed it has optical iluusions , jokes, advirtising and it roll s to make a magic wand.
i find it cheaper to get them printed than to print them on my Pc 5,000 one colour A4 printed both sides costs me £57.00. 10,000 only costs £80.00 but I normaly buy them in 5,000 for easy storage. the price is provided I supply the camera ready.
Phillip
Hobie the Magical Hobo Clown
View Profile
New user
Niagara, Ontario
68 Posts

Profile of Hobie the Magical Hobo Clown
Kids Stuff #1 has an idea in it that I use. It's a picture of a rabbit and a carrot a piece of paper about the size of a playing card.
The rabbit is on the right side with it's mouth open and the carrot is on the left side level with the rabbit's mouth.
When the kids move the picture toward their eyes it looks like the rabbit is eating the carrot.
Put your name and number on the bottom and copy them out on 11 x 17 paper then cut to size. Mine are in black and have a border around them.
They are cheap and the kids love them.
Another idea is to make your own diplomas that personally advertise you.
They work well also. Smile
One Mustn't study a magician to closely,
Never look up his sleeve,
Never look under his hat,
Just sit back and let him do his act.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
A paper give-a-way I'm considering is in conjunction with the Drawing Book which I think is by Sammy Smith(?)...this is the trick where you flip through ala Svengali Deck and the child selects the eyes/hair, then the nose and then the mouth...You have of course the magic prediction of their freely chosen drawing...my idea is that you print out the forced character and on the back print out a certificate kind of thing with the event/child's name/etc and of course all of your contact information
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Optical illusions can also be a fun way to make a give-away sheet and use. Most optical illusions can be found online and they are copyright free for use. You could make a fun sheet and use it as a hand out. Easy to do and the kids would have fun with it.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1576 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
How about some magic wands with magician assistants cert on one side and the tricks on the other. When rolled up they look like a wand. I am not sure where you can get them as I got mine from Eric Paul before he passed away. They look like the ones below.

Click here to view attached image.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1576 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Here is the back side with the tricks on it.

Good luck,
Patrick

Click here to view attached image.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7375 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Interesting choice to pop this old thread back to the top, BYUDAD. As far as I know, Eric Paul's estate still owns the rights to the Ed Harris artwork. However, occassionally someone can be found still selling their original copies of the disks. I saw one of the disks (from the set) on the Dazzling Magic website a few months ago.

So, the item you showed will likely not be available.

However, for someone CURRENTLY interested in this topic, don't forget that Michael Messing is having a sale RIGHT NOW on the artwork for his magic dollar bills (promotional product / giveaways):

--> Magic Dollar Give-Away

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » looking for a very cheap give-away. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL