The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic for teens? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
What would be good parlor effects for this age group?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I like Mentalism and geek magic for teens. Stabbing my eye with a normal bic pen brings nice reactions:)

Also PK effects if sold correctly. Metal bending also.

You can still do a rabbit appearence but Im working on a rabbit floatation device that can be used for a gag or real thing depending on audience.
Esteban
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Esteban
I'm fifteen years old and recently performed for a group of 250 high school students btw the ages of 14-18 and one of my effects WAS hippity hop rabbits. I just presented it differently and it was a bomb!
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Landmark,

How big of a group of teens? I have performed for small groups of fifteen or so teens and they love money tricks. The Hundy 500, and the mismade bill.

Levitation and exciting card tricks also play well... try to perform magic they haven't seen before.

Good luck,
Mike
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Even williams,

Same with me when I hear the teens say "Wholey ****" and "how the *** did he do that" then I know I am doing my job correctly.
Alexander Leidy
View Profile
New user
Greenwich, Connecticut
33 Posts

Profile of Alexander Leidy
I'm a teenager, and end up doing a lot of shows for friends. For some reason, the big effect that always kills for me is card in lemon. Signed, unsigned, dosen't matter. It gets me killer reactions. Thumbcuffs have been mentioned, and those have gotten strong reactions for me, but make sure your routine is funny. I've tried doing the cuffs seriously, but it never gets the same reaction. Also, along the same lines as the thumbcuffs, any kind of thumb tie gets good reactions. I use Losander's chain breaker, and it often leaves a crowd of teenagers stunned.

Other than that, the only thing I can say is if you are doing in their face magic, there is a good chance you will find somebody who wants to inspect your things, so either have an out from that or do non-gimmicked tricks.

Hope that helped,
Alex Leidy
Cascade88
View Profile
Regular user
Sam 104
109 Posts

Profile of Cascade88
Ive been working with a magician lately and his effect that gets the teens sitting in the corner laughing is tells bells, He uses three in a bell monte and drives em nuts.
"Once is magic Twice is education."
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The Dark Museum ETMP...you WILL get a reaction. Or so I hear. Smile Read the reviews.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Mike bent's Tattoo tale
electric.ceu
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I have
130 Posts

Profile of electric.ceu
Torn and restored newspaper, ITR effects.
Timothy James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic for teens? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL