The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wicked Weather... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Massive snow dumps, ice storms, mudslides...heck, it even snowed in Jerusalem!

Where are you located and what is going on in your neck of the woods?
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Cold, windy and about 15cm of snow yesterday. Not looking forward to the morning commute.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16353 Posts

Profile of tommy
Its been very cold and bad here in England. Frozen trains and boats and planes. And our transport minister just gave up and resigned. We need to do something about this global warming they tell us. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
14 degrees F and cloudy. No snow falling, but 2 (Two) inches on the ground. Tomorrow I got a gig 60 miles north and they currently have 44 (Forty-Four) inches of snow. And it's snowing there now.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
The major part of it finished up here last week. Record snowfalls, sub-zero temps, blah blah blah. This is the Inland Northwest, the weird years are the ones when we don't have record snowfall. The first night that it got to -20F I walked two miles to the store.
But if you put me in a Texas summer I would be miserable. I love Vegas and Arizona, but the heat suuuuuucks.
The one bad thing though, Spokane probably has the worst snow removal system in the US. It takes them almost a month to get to some streets. And I live out in the sticks so my street is towards the bottom of the list. Ridiculous.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Cold, dreary, miserable....and that is just my wife!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16353 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2799 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
It is indeed a frigid evening up here in northeast England. Massive amounts of snow expected this weekend, and I'm supposed to take a train down to London on Sunday evening. Fingers crossed.

Critter - I've spent plenty of time in Spokane and gotta agree with you on the snow "removal" system in place. I'm hoping to drive out from Seattle to meet up with friends for New Years and I'm hoping the 4Runner with 4 wheel drive will get me over the pass and to the other side of the state. I used to make that drive quite often in the winter time, and not a trip went by where I didn't see multiple cars lying on the side of the road (often upside down.)
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wicked Weather... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL