The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Weird "white elephant" gifts... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
We had our office holiday potluck/white elephant gift exchange today. I re-gifted an "As Seen on TV Cork Lifter" which proved to be quite popular, and was passed around quite a bit.

I received... a Kuwaiti gas mask, unused and complete except for the O2 canister.*

Have you ever received a weird gift in a gift exchange?

* Actually, I'm a bit excited about it- it's certainly worth more than the suggested $15 limit, and there's a lot of potential applications, including part of next year's Halloween festivities.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4164 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Funniest one I ever received was a green porcelain frog. The frog could hold a roll of toilet paper, and was intented to sit next to the toilet. The frogs mouth was open, and it was through the mouth that you pulled the toilet paper. When finished with 'business', simply be sure you leave a little paper haning out of the frog's mouth so the next person doesn't have to dig for it.

I got it at a white elephant gift exchange at work, took it home and wrapped it up for my wife, and on Christmas Eve night, when we all opened presents, I video'd her opening this present.

Next funniest white elephant gift was a large, chewed up, plastic dog food bowl...nicely wrapped for the exchange.

I once gave my boss a cd with a bunch of clip art on it. I knew he was looking for clip art, and I happened to see this disk for sale at the computer store, so I picked it up for him, just to be 'nice'.

Two days later was our office's white elephant party. Guess what 'gift' my boss supplied? He could barely look at me!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've never really got anything odd... the closest thing was from the guy who use to own the company I worked for (he gave millions of dollars to USC engineering...none to me). His bonus one year was a calendar with six months on one side of a poster and six months on the other side. It was pretty cheap so people put it up, it tore when they got it down, so basically we all got a six month calendar.
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
I got a white elephant once...
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2807 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2010-12-16 23:47, Chessmann wrote:
I once gave my boss a cd with a bunch of clip art on it. I knew he was looking for clip art, and I happened to see this disk for sale at the computer store, so I picked it up for him, just to be 'nice'.

Two days later was our office's white elephant party. Guess what 'gift' my boss supplied? He could barely look at me!

I just watched "NCIS-Los Angeles," one of the sub-plots was that the boss gave everyone Christmas presents which turned out to be re-gifts of things she'd received from them (not directly, but each person in the group recognized something another had gotten as something he/she had given the boss two or three years ago.) I'm not certain what point the writers were trying to make since I don't watch the show enough to get a grip on the boss's behavior patterns.
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Weird "white elephant" gifts... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL