The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Political Labelling... huh?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20870 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Here is what you wrote word for word critter.

"You're right, I can't tell them what to do with their money, but why am I wrong to ask that they have a little compassion for their fellow human beings?

The defenders of the corporate elite generally like to cite Ayn Rand. Reagan was certainly a fan. Well, Ayn Rand was a textbook psychopath.
I've read many of her books and a few biographies of her and I know a thing or two about psychology and she matches the diagnosis.
Here's a few traits from Hare's psychopathy checklist and how they relate:
1. Superficial charm, glibness and Grandiosity- The architect from the Fountainhead, the 'great society' from Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand herself
2. Flattened affect (reduced emotion) and 3. Need for stimulation- are both traits used to describe the lead characters in Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead
4. Cons and Manipulation and 5. Promiscuous sexual behavior- How about Rand taking a lover on the side while both she and the lover were married and manipulating her husband into accepting it? True story
Other traits are impulsivity (Dagney Taggert,) lack of remorse and callousness (easy ones.)

Here's something that she wrote about an intended hero of a future novel:
"is born with a wonderful, free, light consciousness -- [resulting from] the absolute lack of social instinct or herd feeling. He does not understand, because he has no organ for understanding, the necessity, meaning, or importance of other people ... Other people do not exist for him and he does not understand why they should."
The character was inspired by William Hickman, a murderer.
That's where the roots of Libertarianism lie."

So I only speak lies? Interesting position in light of what you wrote. YOU were PUTTING ALL SORTS OF LABELS ON PEOPLE HERE!

My issue with you? Oh lord how about "get over it"? Sums it up nicely. Show me where I have lied here please.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 13:34, Dannydoyle wrote:
Here is what you wrote word for word critter.

You're right, I can't tell them what to do with their money, but why am I wrong to ask that they have a little compassion for their fellow human beings?
==================================================================================================================================================
The defenders of the corporate elite generally like to cite Ayn Rand. Reagan was certainly a fan. Well, Ayn Rand was a textbook psychopath.
I've read many of her books and a few biographies of her and I know a thing or two about psychology and she matches the diagnosis.
Here's a few traits from Hare's psychopathy checklist and how they relate:
1. Superficial charm, glibness and Grandiosity- The architect from the Fountainhead, the 'great society' from Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand herself
2. Flattened affect (reduced emotion) and 3. Need for stimulation- are both traits used to describe the lead characters in Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead
4. Cons and Manipulation and 5. Promiscuous sexual behavior- How about Rand taking a lover on the side while both she and the lover were married and manipulating her husband into accepting it? True story
Other traits are impulsivity (Dagney Taggert,) lack of remorse and callousness (easy ones.)

Here's something that she wrote about an intended hero of a future novel:
"is born with a wonderful, free, light consciousness -- [resulting from] the absolute lack of social instinct or herd feeling. He does not understand, because he has no organ for understanding, the necessity, meaning, or importance of other people ... Other people do not exist for him and he does not understand why they should."
The character was inspired by William Hickman, a murderer.
That's where the roots of Libertarianism lie.
==================================================================================================================================================

So I only speak lies? Interesting position in light of what you wrote. YOU were PUTTING ALL SORTS OF LABELS ON PEOPLE HERE!

My issue with you? Oh lord how about "get over it"? Sums it up nicely. Show me where I have lied here please.

You lied when you said "someone who disagreed with you." I didn't label "someone who disagreed with me," I labeled a pop culture figure as an example of specific tenets.

You've posted more lies about me than I can count. You have lied and name called repeatedly.

Here's a list of your lies and my responses to them which you've already read and ignored:
Quote:
Posted: Dec 17, 2010 1:52pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the first lie you put on me: "You want to hate a group for the problems..."
Here's the second, with an insult: "Yea you are the keeper of a greater knowledge. Oh lord."
Another lie: "...or the christians"
Here's where you really got into the personal attacks: "I know psychology is your new toy. Wonderful. But fact is that you are making simple statements about complex problems and looking foolish."
Here's a combination of a lie and an insult: (psychology is all you know according to you)

And you've continued to misquote and insult me from there.
You don't tell me to "settle down." You have personally attacked me, directly, over and over and over, and I am calling you out on it.

You can choose to ignore that or own up to it, but you surely aren't going to deflect it back to me.

Well lets see you do seem to blame the rich, and slur them so I guess that is my fault.

I blame certain rich, yes. Not all, but I can see how it may have sounded that way initially. Although I did specify later:
Quote:

critter said:
I'm not claiming this mindset to be universal. There are some progressive companies out there doing good things for their workers and reaping the benefits via increased creativity and productivity.

Quote:

(I threw in Christians as another group that gets slured without reprocussion not as an example of you doing it, but I can see where you thought I meant you, sorry.)

Okay, I accept this explanation.

Quote:

You do act as if you are the keeper of a greater truth, so again my fault.

I admit my inadequacies frequently. I end quite a few of my sentences with "I could be wrong on this" and "that's just my opinion" and when I have been in the wrong, like when I made my comments elsewhere about a specific profession, I've owned up to it and apologized. So that's just a baseless insult. You are in the wrong on this one.

Quote:

Yea you use psychology to tell me a system is evil, when the definition you apply could EASILY apply to your lib heros if you just tried. (I mean Clinton was a pathological liar wasn't he after all? To say nothing of his sexual behavior being deviant. But we ignore that right?)

When did I mention Clinton? Or any other liberal "heroes?" I've said many times that Democrats are bad too. MANY TIMES! This is another example of you ignoring everything I said to further your agenda. In other words, it's a lie.
I specifically said that my opinion is that the majority of politicians from both parties are bad. SPECIFICALLY. This is either the 7th or 8th time I've said it.
Here was the first, way back on page 5:
Quote:

critter said:
I'm not saying the other side is any better. I think all politicians are scum and they've all stuck it to us. Every last one of them. Some more than others though.

Here's another from page 6:
Quote:

critter said:
As I've noted before, I don't think that Dems are the "good guys." It's my opinion that the majority of politicians in both parties probably have a certain degree of psychopathy or narcissism to get where they are.

Which proves that you are [/b]lying about [b]me.

For the record, my favorite historical President was Teddy Roosevelt, a Republican.

Quote:

And you do want to have a simple solution, TAX THE RICH, to a very complex problem. Why is that an attack again?

Describing someone as "foolish" is an attack. I once said that something you said was ignorant, but I have never said that YOU sounded ignorant. I would have rather it not become personal, but you needed to make it so.
Furthermore, I did not say that taxing the rich is the "final solution." I said that the reasons the rich gives for not wanting to be taxed don't hold up.

Quote:

To tell me that you got it in a college class from a college prof only means you got a lib slant to it. Yea that is directed at you.

I make my own opinions, from my own research. So this is more of you just making things up to provoke a confrontation with me.

No one will ever "win" a debate with you because you pick out the parts you want to use, ignore the parts that prove you wrong, and make up the rest. It's pointless because you can't have a conversation, you can only attack.
As you say so often, "it's sad."

And what's really funny is that in your PM you still accuse me of being "anti-rich" even after the second time I posted this:

Quote:
I'm not claiming this mindset to be universal. There are some progressive companies out there doing good things for their workers and reaping the benefits via increased creativity and productivity.

You're so full of it! I have nothing against people being wealthy! I am against anyone with power using that power to hurt others. That's it! I don't care who does it! Do you get it? Do you understand the words that are coming out of my keyboard?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
DannyD, if you must discuss "She who called herself Rand" you simply must include her behavior - which makes a counterbalance to her text about virtues.
Rand was her "magic author name", not her name. Whether Ms. Alissa Rosenbaum was putting on a good show ala Andy Warhol or Marcel Duchamp as was the trendy thing of the time or actually meant what she wrote... not so sure. Look, she's wearing a fez. Fez's are cool.

There are a couple of sentences in Atlas Shrugged where Dagny gets a chain of the green metal as a gift that might show a little insight into the author.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 13:55, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Look, she's wearing a fez. Fez's are cool.

(Note that you've never seen Ayn Rand and Mohammed Bey together in a photograph: Hmmm.)

Fezzes are, indeed, cool.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
There are only two kinds of people in this world--right-thinking people and wrong-thinking people.

It has become obvious to me that the rest of you are all wrong-thinking people.

I don't see how discussion is useful, even possible.

;)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20870 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok Jonathan if that is true it indeed a label.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20870 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 14:34, Dannydoyle wrote:

It's a Doctor Who reference.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2339 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Critter, you are on the cutting edge of the prevalent thought of today. Just a few weeks ago some very prominent politicians, media people, etc. met in New York to discuss this issue.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/1......25.shtml

For the record, I think there should be no labels….unless it is an issue that is important, then its ok to take a stand as long as it is moderate stand with no extreme thinking. Great care must be given as to not to offend anyone, thereby reducing the tendency to label it.

So there. Smile
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
No labels. Yeah, well, if there are no labels then how will the average voter identify who to vote for?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 20:35, balducci wrote:
No labels. Yeah, well, if there are no labels then how will the average voter identify who to vote for?

Here's an episode of All in the Family addresses this.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20870 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think all extremests should be shot.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 22:15, Dannydoyle wrote:

That's very moderate of you.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20870 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 22:18, balducci wrote:
Quote:

I am not sure why exactly, but that made me laugh so hard I think I broke a rib. Thanks balducci.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4828 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 22:20, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 22:18, balducci wrote:
Quote:

I am not sure why exactly, but that made me laugh so hard I think I broke a rib. Thanks balducci.

LOL, I figured it was intentional in your initial post.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Political Labelling... huh?" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL