The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What would you do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Hey guys
So long story short, a teacher from my old middle school emailed me inquiring about a show for a school assembly. She gave me all the details-date, time, audience, etc. I gave her my price and she said Great and then asked me if I had contacted the district office and if I hadn't I should call them to ask them what I need to do to do a show for MBMS (the school.)

I've never encountered a situation like this so admittedly I don't know what to do. Is this normal? Shouldn't the client be making these arrangements?

Thanks guys.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
pixsmith
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pixsmith
I can only speak from my experiences here.

Lots of schools require background checks, vendor registration and so forth. Most of the teachers know that there are hoops involved, but most of them don't know how and in what order you have to jump through them.

By talking to the district office, you'll find out exactly what is needed to insure their ability to pay you. In a very recent instance, the district was able to save me a lot of time, effort and paperwork by knowing how I was classified in order for them to do business with them.

It's not odd, it's really pretty common, at least in this neck of the woods.

Hope that helps! Good luck.
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Answers all my questions! Thank you very much!
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I know in this area they usually ask if you do have some liability coverage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What would you do? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL