The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Dusheck - Still Great After All These Years (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8427 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I was just looking through an old DVD, Steve Dusheck, The 1982 Lecture, and when it comes to clever magic with this & that well, his stuff from back then is still very hard to beat even now. Dusheck did this a long time ago and then put it into a DVD format in 2005 from old film for about $10 I think. Quite a deal when you look at the price of DVDs nowadays. This man is an original creator of magic, a true genius of the craft.

In this DVD are about 20 of his original tricks, many if not all of them are just brilliant pieces of magic that you can make yourself easy enough and he shows you how on most of them. His Dusheck's Dollar, Dollar Punch, FunKey and Ringer just to name a few are so clever they bear repeating and that's why they have withstood the test of time, along with some of his other big tricks like Copper/Silver Transpo (Now sold by Theory 11 as "Digital Dissolve"), Lethal Tender (Yes, LT is his also), Waltzing Matilda and Wunderbar.

Dusheck has created literally 1000s of wonderful tricks, written several magic books on various genre's of magic and has been a successful working Pro. He has created magic for some of the best magicians in the world and continues doing some of that still to this day with his wonderful series of Business Card Tricks, special orders he only does for his closest friends.

He has known and been a part of the greater magic circles with the best out there then and now. They all know him and admire his work. He is a true craftsman and a tremendously honest and good person. His magic is wonderful and it's a real treat to look into how all this stuff is actually made and marketed. His DVD is more than worth it and should be on the magic shelf of anyone that has ever said the magical word, ABRACADABRA! Simply amazing stuff! I just had to say it yet again.

http://www.stevedusheck.com/

-Mb
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3316 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Couldn't agree more! His series of books are amongst my favorites!

John
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I have that DVD and watch it from time to time- very creative, very...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Steve is one of magic's true giants. And, he's one of the kindest and most considerate people you will ever meet.

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I bought that DVD two years ago. I think I'll watch it again. Thanks Marion.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6900 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I need to get it! I contacted Steve about something not that long ago and he couldn't have been nicer.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1442 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
When I was a kid I had the original VIDEO TAPE of this.

WOW,,,was I amazed! I made up some of the effects and will always remember my early start in Magic with Mr. Dusheck's genius effects.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8427 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey guys, I recently was very lucky and came across Dusheck's Ringer and man is this little devil ever-clever....WOW!!! Any of you guys out there got this baby? Smile

It doesn't use what most of these ring flight effects use to get it done, and it's so easy to do, instantly repeatable and completely deceptive. Definitely my kind of magic. Smile

If you want to do an impromptu ring flight that will blow everybody away, then Ringer is it and then some. There's other good stuff out there I'm sure but this is on another level - "Genius level" I'd say. Smile

Hopefully you can find one out there somewhere but I doubt if anyone then or now would part with such clever chicanery but you can try. Smile Man this is great stuff from a tremendous magic mind & creator.

Unless God makes one, Ringer is the only one I'll be using. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3021 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Ringer is the best! Got one from Steve himself a few years back.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3316 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Ringer is great, I have one of the originals as well. Nice to see Steve getting some well deserved praise here.

John
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Ringer and Copper Silver Transpo are ALWAYS in my pocket!

I've also done Wunder Bar with the Thunder Bar kicker many times with awesome results!

Steve is definitely a Prince among men!

MMc
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
861 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
The Dusheck Vest was one of my first magic purchases.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Two of my favorite Dusheck effects
1 Confounding Coffer
2 and his famous " coin card"
I made a demo some five years back called Dushecks's Angels that I made for Steve
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Damian the Magician
View Profile
New user
PA
5 Posts

Profile of Damian the Magician
Hi! I have a Dusheck Vest, but I need the manuscript. Can anyone help me please?
Pennsylvania's Foremost Magical Entertainer
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21952 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2016, Damian the Magician wrote:
Hi! I have a Dusheck Vest, but I need the manuscript. Can anyone help me please?

Contact Steve Dusheck, he will most likely be able to help.

Steve is a great guy, and Master Magician, not to mention the most creative mind for magic in the 20th Century. His products are missed as all his tricks were fabulous and workers.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1633 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Again, you must be referring to a different guy than I encountered...all I got was mean nasty attitude...
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I want to buy the dvd but it doesn't do paypal Smile
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Crikey, is it 34 years ago that I bought Wunderbar ?

Where does the time go ?
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Is that the silver floating bar one? I have one in attest tube is that it?i Bought it in a bag of stuff from a magic auction and no instruction and thought what can it be so that might be it
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
That's the one Karl.

Suffers , as do all these kinds of things , from the old issue that IT effects generally don't look that good if you let things hang for too long. But the idea of the silver bar in a test tube, if used minimally, works really well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Dusheck - Still Great After All These Years (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL