The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » European new deck to Si Stebbins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2532 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
If you know Darwin Ortiz's Si Stebbins secret, but you want to use decks in European new deck order instead, here's an easy procedure that will put the deck in the proper order. European new deck order is (from the top): AS to KS, AH to KH, KD to AD, and KC to AC. Darwin's procedure has three parts: the initial displacement, the type 1 shuffle procedure, and the type 2 shuffle procedure.

All you have to do is change the first part of Darwin's procedure, the initial displacement. Spread the cards face up, from left hand to right hand. Spread all of the Clubs into the right hand, as a single block. Next, spread a block of ten cards (AD to 10D) on top of the block of Club cards. Spread the next three cards (JD, QD, KD) on top of the cards in the right hand. Replace the cards in the right hand on the cards in the left hand. From the face of the deck, you should see JD to KD, AD to 10D, AC to KC, KH to AH, and KS to AS.

Now, perform the rest of Darwin's clever procedure, described in his book At the Card Table. . Phoenix Deck fans rejoice!
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
153 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Wow thanks Berry....i was looking for something like that as I'm studying this shuffle right now!
Cheers
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2532 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
I'm glad that you found something useful in my post. We should also thank Darwin Ortiz, for coming up with a procedure to put a new deck in Si Stebbins order, right under the spectator's noses. The first time that I ever used this procedure for a real audience, I felt very powerful.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3407 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Thanks Barry! I just bought a brick of Phoenix decks and thought "Uh-oh!" when I realized the dilemma with Darwin's system. Now I can say "Oh-ho!"

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » European new deck to Si Stebbins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL