The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Hat Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
I purshased a hat just to perform Bob Stencel's "Fixing the Gazinta" from Racherbaumer's CARDFIXES (1990). As Jon wrote in the last paragraph..."Not bad eh? If anyone can figure out how this is done, my hat's off to you!"

Get this book!!!

Brian B
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Dear magic1178,
The man performing the comedy act on the tonight show is George Carl .one of the greatest comedians of all time!
harp
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
71 Posts

Profile of harp
I agree with Paul on the Gertner die routine. It is very entertaining. I have only seen him perform it once on Carson, but it was great especially the final load.

Harp
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
Gaeton Bloom has a trick where you drop the deck into the hat and dangle a rope into the hat and come up with the rope tied around the signed selection.
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
The above mentioned effect is called "La corde serpent." If they have it, you can find it at Dominique Duvivier's Magic Shop in Paris (World's oldest magic shop, by the way).

Mayette Magie Moderne

http://www.mayette.com/

Look for it through their search option: "Recherche."

Good luck.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Charlie Miller routine is awesome. Also in latest Genii see what Bob Read does with his hat.

You could also bake a cake in a hat like they did in the olde daze.

:donut3:
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
For this one you need a fedora-type hat, or any other one that has two deep creases in the crown when you look down into it.

Have a card selected and control it to the top of the deck. Drop the deck into the hat and pretend to mix it around, but really push all of the deck into one crease and the top card into the other. Now hold the hat up, and give a hard flick/snap with your forefinger and thumb to the crease with the selected card in it from outside and underneath the hat.

Result: Your selected card will jump into the air and right out of the hat, apparently out of a totally jumbled deck. If anyone wants to see into the hat, just give it a quick inconspicious swish or shake before showing them and the cards will mix over the bottom hiding the method.

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Baking a cake in a borrowed hat is always a kick in the pants.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Reg: That is basically what Bob Read describes in the current Genii.

It was George Carl (deceased) who did the pantomime with the mike stand, hat, etc. who's act was literally NOTHING done well. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Sorry Pete, I haven't read the Genii. I originally got it out of Tarbell Volume One, an effect called "Snap it".

Incidentally, Tarbell has a whole wack of uses for a hat that aren't production related. There are about 50 listed in the index in Volume 7. I like the ring and rope routines with a hat in Volume 6 myself.

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Hat Magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL