The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Rope routine without patter... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Hi,

I was testing my new camera and lighting setup last night when everyone was in bed and used my rope routine as the test subject...

here it is without patter but if you can imagine: "when I was a little boy..." then " ...a teenager with greasy hair" through the "...midlife crisis..." "...kids..." etc.

this is also not my stage or close-up outfit Smile

Ropes of Hope...
http://vimeo.com/18180572

Password:
rope
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Nice routine Timothy (and video production). I would've liked to see the routine with some dramatic pauses, other than that, a great routine. Well done.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Rick,

Thanks a lot... will video the stage routine in the New Year... in costume and with pauses Smile
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Tim,

First the good stuff...

I think you work great with Rope. It's obvious to me that you're quite skilled with rope and have "the moves" down. The video production/quality was also top notch.

Now for the not so good stuff...

Whereas I loved the quality of the production, I didn't really like the graphics that were running behind you. They were very distracting and I thought it took the focus off of you. I have quite a lot of "studio shot" footage where I'm just performing for the camera and I have found that it's best to just have a neutral background so all the focus is on what I'm doing.

I also thought the soundtrack was a bit "campy/cheesy."

I also agree with Rick...some pauses would play great in a routine like this. For me, it just looked like very well shot rehearsal footage to make sure you've got the moves down, which you obviously do. But I want you to make me care about seeing it.

Overall...it was good stuff. Fix a few things and I think it will be great!

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Just ran across this and I'd like to say I enjoyed it very much.
tegib
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of tegib
I think that the whole routine looks great.
kumpletoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kumpletoo
I like the routine... Thanks for sharing it with the community.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Rope routine without patter... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL