The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 101 double lifts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
the sean
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
79 Posts

Profile of the sean
Hey everyone,

I have been toying with a bunch of double lifts...lifting them from the sides from the corners the double pop-up and I was wondering if there is a video, DVD or book that has a ton of different double lifts in it?
Hope someone knows of one.
Night_Crawler
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Night_Crawler
The video "Double Take" by Gregory Wilson is good. You learn lots of doubles, replacement, tricks, tabling doubles,... and lots of other stuff. I thought it was a great video.

Night_Crawler
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
My suggestion is that you learn one natural-looking double lift and perform it to perfection.
Attilio
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
136 Posts

Profile of Attilio
Hi Sean

Daryl's Encyclopedia of card slights volume 5 has a whole section on multiple lifts. here is what it includes

The Multiple Lift; The Multiple Lift Get Ready (Several Methods); Multiple Lift #1; Dai Vernon Double Lift; Expert Card Technique Method; Marlo Double Lift Get Ready; The Instantaneous Double Lift (Dr. Jacob Daley); The Leipzig Double Lift; The Snap-Over Double Lift (Paul LePaul); The Snap Double (Larry Jennings); Daryl's One Handed Double Lift (variation on D'Amico Lift); Double Lift from the Spread I; Double Lift from the Spread II (Frank Zak); Double Lift from the Middle (J.K. Hartman)

Multiple Lift Touches; The K.M. Move; Double Lift Clean Up (2 methods); Double Lift as a Force, Switch, Glimpse, Reverse, False Count, Vanish, Change, Pseudo Second Deal, Pseudo Bottom Deal, or Pseudo Middle Deal

Hope this helps!

Attilio
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Larry says some smart things, Sean!

Learn one, maybe two ways and get them perfect. Or maybe you are looking for the one or two that best suit you?
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
I agree with Larry too. Pick one, and make it as perfect as you can get it.
Who is John Galt?
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
I have to agree with all the above. Go get Double Take. It's a winner
La magie, c'est ma vie
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Double Take has tons of information on all kinds of double-lifts and has some very nice routines to go with it. I'd recommend getting it, watching it, choosing ONE double-lift that suits you, and practice that one until you can do it perfect everytime. That's really all you need.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Go with the strike double and you'll never go back.

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
"Strike" Double. What is that? MartyK
dr_tezza
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of dr_tezza
I have been trying to get a double lift for ages, but always kept getting caught out

I now use the strike method, and it's amazing, and surprisingly easy to use
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
martyk - It's a double-lift without a get-ready or break.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
martyk - The strike double is one of the most natural looking doubles you can do... It does take lots of practice to look smooth. But it is well worth it. Smile
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
I do Stud Two-card Pushoff Lift and Snap Double only in my performance although I know many other versions. As many people mentioned above, doing a 'perfect' is the goal, but not showing off that you know 101 ways of DL. A natural DL is one of the most difficult things in magic, I think.

Alex
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
I use the snap double lift or just a regular turnover dl
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
I do a pinky count into a one handed push off. I also do a Larry Jennings snap double now and again.
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
For $5, you can purchase Paul Wilson's pdf lecture notes on his site. I didn't quite pick up the strike double until I read his notes on this "hit and pinch" double which is based on the strike. I'm a big fan of the hit and pinch method.

He has two other doubles in the notes. A thumb pop forward, which I can't seem to picture nor do, and the Ultra Natural double, which seems to be the king of all doubles. It's very natural looking (ultra natural, I must say) but seems as though it may take a while for me, the advanced beginner, to learn.

His notes are definitely worth the $5 as the first dl is now the lift I use. His site is rpaulwilson.com.

I'm waiting on Lee Ashers notes on his lift, so I'll give some insight when they arrive. I love the look of it but don't know the difficulty.

Mike
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Agree the strike double is the most natural. A tip I learned from watching myself in the mirror is if you tilt the deck slightly up, no more than 15 degrees, it is impossible for the spectator to see whether or not in the initial move if the cards are perfectly aligned.

Absolutely agree with the guys above, pick one and as Burger says "take it all the way down the road."

Good luck!
HiveMind
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of HiveMind
Double Take has 25 double lifts. But my advice to you is pick up Expert Card
Technique and learn the Push-Off Double taught in there. That is what I ended up doing, and Im glad I did.

If you DO go with the Push-Off, don't listen to ANYONE who tells you it is ok for the cards to separate when you are pushing them off because that is "normal". Its not normal for good technique, and it IS possible to get the cards to move in perfect register together everytime. It just takes...

Practice.
"Free will is an illusion." - B.F. Skinner
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
The BEST double-lift in existence is Ron Bauer's Double Lift, published in Magicana.

No get-ready and you can do a double or triple at will.

Steven Youell
http://www.cardguy.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 101 double lifts (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL