The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » MY Tudor Gen-X review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
First let me start off by saying that I like Brian Tudor, and his previous videos. He has tremendous skill!

This new DVD has MANY moves in it, many flourishes from his previous videos, and new items.

The Good: I loved the Tudor cut, very fast, and looks GREAT! The performance video was extremely FAST! The sybils were the fastest I have ever seen! All routines were all done to music, and no patter which was refreshing.

The BAD: There were many moves taught, but not much time was taken to explain each. The angles were very bad at times, lighting was an issue, some bluring, and the constant mono-tone voice, not in sync was unproductive and frustrating.

The magic: Again, many, many moves, I think that he has some clever ideas, but the performance video of the magic had mixed results. Some were very smooth, and some were not. It made you think if you really wanted to put the time into something that may or may not work or be smooth. I think though that there are enough fresh ideas to help out a veteran card worker.

The Flourishes: Most were variations of his older moves. The performance was very quick, and some seemed too quick and not smooth enough! Seemed that there could be a lack of accurate crediting at times, even with the magic moves.

This DVD was a mix of flourishes and magic. I wish the editing, and clarity were better. The explainations were over-dubbed to the moves in slow-mo from one angle, usually the right side. I couldn't watch them for too long and you will be rewinding frequently and tilting your head hoping the camera will turn to see the proper angles. Smile Although I have to say that I think it teaches a little better than Show Off 1. At least the over the shoulder/right side shots show more than dead on.

In conclusion, the DVD has many moves, and several magical routines, flourishes and the like. Some were workers, and some were not. Some required the use of a table and have many bad angles. All will required tons of practice! Some flourishes were worthwhile as well as several sleights. But the teaching/editing/production in my oppinion was below subpar.

I give it 6 out of 10 Hats.

Cardjinx Smile
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Thanks for a very honest review Cardjinx!
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
Very nice review!

J
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1885 Posts

Profile of iamslow
He does teach a lot of moves. I guess it boils down to quantity or quality; nice review. I've seen bits of it and I found it to be somewhat like Showoff in terms of explainations, but not bad.
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
aby9plp
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
256 Posts

Profile of aby9plp
Cool review!
I just hope there was a more relevant preview than that. I mean, by what I read, the preview does not say anything for the real content.
I think I'm going to buy that DVD even just to watch some performance. How fast exactly were those sybils? Faster than Show Off 2?
I realized the increase of speed from Show Off 1 to 2, and now even faster! lol
Is this DVD focused on speed?
-aka-
Phoenix
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
Yes, I believe the performance does focus on speed! Which isn't always a good thing. Some moves seemed like he was shaking and was hard to see what was happening. But if speed is your thing, then you should love the performance. Looks like he tried to do everything as fast as possible including the magic portions which didn't seem to work to well in all situations.

Cardjinx Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » MY Tudor Gen-X review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL