The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Signed card in balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Does anyone know where I can buy this effect?

I've searched Google and I can't even find one magic dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

PS. If there's several versions, I'd appreciate it if you can recommend the best version, thank you.
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
668 Posts

Profile of Alel
Hi BlueDragon,

I can tell you about some that I have encountered:

1.) Daniel Garcia's Card in Balloon, titled 'POP', can be found in his latest DVD set. It won't be that hard to find it since its a really recent release.

2.) One that has been published way back is Derek Dingle's Card in Balloon, which can be found in these sources: 1.) Complete Works of Derek Dingle, 2.) Harry Lorayne's Apocalypse (earlier issues. I think issue #2) or in 3.) his DVD 'Dingle's Deceptions'.

I haven't performed any of these, so I can't be qualified to tell you exactly the pros and cons of these versions. That is for you to evaluate really.

Also, I guess this thread will get more response if you posted this in The Workers section. I can't imagine 'Card to Balloon' to be a self-worker.

Good luck! Smile

Alel
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Quote:
On 2010-12-26 16:06, Alel wrote:
Hi BlueDragon,

I can tell you about some that I have encountered:

1.) Daniel Garcia's Card in Balloon, titled 'POP', can be found in his latest DVD set. It won't be that hard to find it since its a really recent release.

2.) One that has been published way back is Derek Dingle's Card in Balloon, which can be found in these sources: 1.) Complete Works of Derek Dingle, 2.) Harry Lorayne's Apocalypse (earlier issues. I think issue #2) or in 3.) his DVD 'Dingle's Deceptions'.

I haven't performed any of these, so I can't be qualified to tell you exactly the pros and cons of these versions. That is for you to evaluate really.

Also, I guess this thread will get more response if you posted this in The Workers section. I can't imagine 'Card to Balloon' to be a self-worker.

Good luck! Smile

Alel

Hey Alel!

Thanks very much for your post.

I'll definetely look into both versions and ask the dealers which 1 they'd recommend.

I didn't really know which part of this forum to post this question really! Such a big forum!

Many thanks indeed mate Smile

Neil.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Are you looking for a device like this?

http://magicshop.magictricks.com/Card-In-Balloon_p_73.html
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Quote:
On 2010-12-26 20:33, Spellbinder wrote:
Are you looking for a device like this?

http://magicshop.magictricks.com/Card-In-Balloon_p_73.html

Thanks but I cant see this being suitable for restaurant work.
Ideally, I'd like to perform David Copperfield's version.

Neil.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
You could look at the Mark Jennest version on the miracles while you wait dvd.
Robert The Magical Radway
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Robert The Magical Radway
The best signed card in balloon that I know is Al James Almost Impromptu card in balloon. There is no palming required, and the routine is a tried and tested one. It's available from magic inc, here's the link: http://www.magicinc.net/aljamesalmostimp......oon.aspx
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
If you're using it for restaurant work David Copperfield may not work. It's has angle problems.
Life of Magic!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
There's a version on Luca Volpe's DVD, Thought of Card in Balloon. His version, however, is based on Mark Jennest's signed bill to balloon from the Miracles While You Wait DVD, which has already been mentioned.

If you're after the "David Copperfield version," as you state, you're probably looking for Airtight by Jay Sankey, which was performed by Copperfield. It's only $8.00 at Penguin. Here's a description of the effect:

"A selected and signed card is lost in the deck. A spectator chooses a balloon and the magician holds it in his open hand. The magician slams the deck against the balloon and the deck literally becomes "sucked" into the balloon! The balloon is blown up and the cards are shuffled around inside. The magician now pinches the selected card through the wall of the balloon and visibly pulls it through to the outside! The balloon with cards and the signed selection are immediately given out as souvenirs of this truly remarkable magic experience!"

As you can imagine, though, this effect requires some set up. But if you're willing to spend some pre-show time and money (don't know how much you're making at the restaurant gig), you can give these away at the end of the performance.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Lord of Illusion
View Profile
Veteran user
Has his enemies stuck on
310 Posts

Profile of Lord of Illusion
On the fairly rare occasions I do this (pretty much kid shows and nursing homes) I perform a variation of "airtight" also.
Edward Wolfgang Poe,

The Necromancer of the South
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Thanks to everyones responses, so many versions to choose from!

I'll probably go with Jay Sankey's version, his version seems to fit the bill.

Kind regards,

Neil.
jimvines
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
161 Posts

Profile of jimvines
Um... you're going to pop balloons in a restaurant? Smile I guess if the management's cool with it... But I'd worry about startling the people who are there eating dinner.
Magic & Mentalism
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If you're going to pop the balloon, take a look at the Hen Fetsch method in Tarbell.
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
I'm going to use David Copperfield's version, seem to be the better version and obviously, I don't want to shock people whilst they're eating!

Thanks again.

Neil.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I just remembered that Pavel has a method in a set of his lecture notes. You can even shake the balloon to hear the card inside. Then, the balloon is popped, releasing the card. For all I know, it may be on DVD, too.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Here ist another Card in Balloon - "Jumbo Ballon Card" by Magic Wladimir.

"Jumbo Ballon Card" video:
http://slomagic.com/katalogmbyw/karte_oder-a.html
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
With Airtight which Copperfield did on his t.v. special you don't have to pop the balloon. You can and maybe should leave the balloon and the deck inside with the table you are working for. The angle issues can be worked out as well.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I'll add my recommendation for Al James Almost Impromptu Card in Balloon. It's totally commercial and can be used for either closeup and platform. Only $20 at Magic, Inc.and the instructions provide you with alternative handlings, Highly recommended!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Signed card in balloon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL