The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Family Audiences (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
When doing families in restaurants or other venues, I like putting a lot of comedy in as that's my style.

What are your favorite FUNNY family tricks?
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
On stage: Supreme's commedy clock surprise
Close up: sponge rabbits or a close up version of hippity hop rabbits.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
I kind of like the Don Alan Comedy Egg Can Trick. This can be dressed up with lots of comedy props such as an egg beater, parasol, Faucet on head...the list can go on and on as far as your imagination can take it.

Use a good natured dad with a son or daughter helping.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
ludmer
View Profile
New user
Brazil
59 Posts

Profile of ludmer
I like to do my comedy linking rings routines, either close-up, parlor or stage. It works in every occasion.
I trust jewish magicians and bagels
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
Ludmer,

What comedy routine do you use with the linking rings? Is it a routine that you made up? Smile
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My favorite here is the coloring book. I actually start with a Gag Bag that has a mini wand in the zipper pocket. I tell them that I was not always a grown white-haired magician. I started as a short, fat, bald-headed, ugly magician about two feet tall. And this was my first wand. From there I go into my coloring book routine.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
As for Dan's question about the linking rings, I take everything from one-liners to bits from various routines to make my own routine. I hear Whit Hayden has a good one and I like Aldo Colombini's Three Ring Circus. Using a marketed routine will give you a good routine to build on.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I find that my good old trusty spongeballs can get great laughs from a comical situation. There is plenty of room to be both funny as well as magical. You only have to use your imagination to come up with the lines and the humorous situations. so much potential in those little round monsters.

I also like Mike Closes Ooh Ahh bird. It gets a good laugh at the end. Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Kids love to see their dad in the spotlight and acting silly. If the kids laugh the parents laugh...that is my rule of thumb.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
Baffling Bra is always good in family restaurants!

Now that's funny!

Try it you'll like it.

As Donald Trump would say, "You're fired!"
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Anything with goofy props or miscalling animals. I find that kids like to be smarter than the magician. I have found that having a picture of a dog or another animal and calling it a cat or something like that evokes alot of screaming and giggling to which the parents also laugh. I like my needle through balloon routine, and cards across routine (the cards going across are the least important part of the trick for people who are going to ask about card tricks for kids), I love the comedy egg can, vanishing bandana is a winner. As far as restaurants go, sponge balls and my chop cup routine has alot of comedy due to my lil friend melvin who keeps showing up Smile
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Sponge balls
ring flite
silk routine
rope routine
Daniel Faith
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
"Hello, your name is" plays great for a family show. Has funny props and lots of laughs. I added more props and extended the routine for even more laughs. Goes over great.

~Dan
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
My "Tricky Bottles" and chick pan routine normally get a ton of laughs. Hopefully, they will both be printed in a Kids Magic booket in the near future. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anything with gag props, really. Comedy wands, broken scissors, etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Family Audiences (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL